Job Title: Multi Skilled Operative (Marine Engineering/Engineering Support) x3
Location: Faslane, Helensburgh, GB, G84 8HL
Compensation: £22,515 + 33% Shift Disturbance Allowance (SDA)
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF43679
At Babcock, we're creating a safe and secure world, together and you can play your part. Join our newly forming one Babcock shift team that's at the forefront of supporting the Royal Navy at HM Naval Base Clyde. You'll play an integral role ensuring the serviceability of submarines and surface ships through detailed maintenance, repairs and refit periods.
You will be part of a 3-team working pattern, below is an example of the 21-day rota system which repeats itself. Each working shift is 12 hours. Day shifts at 08:00 - 20:15 hours, night shifts are 20:00 - 08:15 hours.
* Day 1(Tue), 2 (Wed) & 3(Thu): 20:00 - 0815
* Day 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 & 10 rest days but can volunteer for overtime, subject to working time directive
* Day 11 (Fri), 12 (Sat), 13 (Sun) & 14 (Mon): 20:00 - 0815
* Day 15, 16, 17 & 18 rest days but can volunteer for overtime, subject to working time directive
* Day 19 (Sat) & 20 (Sun): 08:00 - 20:15
* Day 21 rest day
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for experienced Multi Skilled Operatives who will carry out a varied and physical role involving a broad range of activities related to the support and provision of services to Nuclear and non-Nuclear warships at HM Naval Base Clyde. Including slinging, rigging, operating specialist crane apparatus, driving forklift vehicles and carrying out general manual labour tasks in support of Technicians who are carrying out maintenance activities.
What will you be doing?
* To provide support to engineering teams to enable the completion of all planned preventative maintenance to ensure the department meets the objectives of the Business.
* To provide support to engineering teams to enable the identification/rectification of all defects and alterations to ensure the continued availability and performance of HMNB Clyde Submarines, Surface Ships and the Infrastructure Estate.
* Ensure that work is carried out in line with current legislation and site processes and make suggestions on improving systems and processes to increase productivity in accordance with set objectives and timescales.
* Work within all H&S legislation, Safe Systems of Work and control of work processes within BM&T Clyde policies.
The experience you'll bring
* Previous experience of working in semi-skilled labouring roles, ideally gained in an engineering or marine environment.
* Experience in the maintenance of electrical, mechanical and hydraulic systems and plant and knowledge of the equipment used in support of such activities would be advantageous.
* Experience of driving forklift vehicles, working at height or in confined spaces is desirable
* You will be committed and have the passion, desire and ability to learn and gain qualifications.
* You will have great communication skills, as you will be engaging with people of varied levels from both Navy and Civilian personnel.
* You will be able to withstand harsh environments, comfortable working at heights and in confined spaces and be capable of thinking on your feet in order to problem solve and work within a team.
* Experience of Maintenance Procedures, Risk Assessments, Method Statements, COSHH assessments and Safe Systems of Work with excellent team working and interpersonal skills.
* Full driving license is required.
* Candidates must demonstrate that they meet and uphold our Purpose and Principles.
* You must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
What a role with Babcock offers?
Generous benefits including:
* Shift pattern supporting a 7-day working week and a shift disturbance allowance above the salary stated
* Generous holiday entitlement, 227 hours holiday entitlement increasing to 263 after 5 years of service (includes public and privileged holidays).
* Matched contribution pension scheme with life assurance
* Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts, and our Share Ownership Scheme
* Employee Assistance programme
* Training and development opportunities
* Autonomy. Feel trusted to deliver
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant.
All applications should be made online.