SSC Senior Payroll Administrator
Location: United Kingdom - Flexible working based close to a Babcock Hub such a Portsmouth, Bristol, or Devonport
Compensation: Attractive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full Time / Permanent Role
We have a fantastic opportunity for an SSC Senior Payroll Administrator to join our business, being responsible for ensuring timely and accurate payments of all payees, as well as being an integral member of the payroll team here at Babcock International.
Who we are looking for?
You'll be responsible for inputting and maintaining all payroll information accurately, efficiently, and effectively, therefore strong payroll experience with a passion for data and numbers, coupled with a natural aptitude for attention to detail, are all key attributes in securing this role.
What will you be doing?
As a Senior Administrator you'll work effectively with the rest of the team, as well as working on your own initiative. The main area of liaison will be with HR and Finance personnel, acting as primary contact, you'll liaise with external organisations, such as the HMRC, banks, and courts.
Your duties will include:
* Responsibility for processing of weekly/monthly payrolls as assigned.
* Efficient maintenance of employee files.
* Timely/accurate inputting of payroll related data, including new employee/leaver records.
* Accurate updating of staff records via the company payroll system.
* Efficient production and maintenance of weekly and monthly reports.
* Accurate checking and reconciling of payroll reports before bacs run.
The experience you'll bring
Proven payroll experience is essential.
You will also need the following:
- Administration skills are essential
- GCSE in Maths & English or equivalent
- Good Microsoft office IT skills
- CIPP qualified or equivalent is desirable
- Strong excel knowledge with macro ability being desirable
- Experience of SAP system would be an advantage
Lastly, you must hold or have the ability to obtain SC security clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
Babcock Corporate Services (BCS) is a global function, with our largest site being Lakeside in Portsmouth, but we operate from multiple sites around the world. BCS supplies and operates all IT, security, procurement, and finance Shared Services. We are embedded alongside the operations that we serve, enabling us to maintain close working relationships that support delivery to our customers. We drive standardisation, simplification and automation across Babcock, to help generate sustainable value for the group and our external customers.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to ensure that our recruitment processes are regularly reviewed and adapted, as required, to ensure we're compliant with the latest government advice. We are striving to protect both our current and future employees by acting in a responsible way which reflects the restrictions we face.
To find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants please visit our website.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers page.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.
Closing Date: 13th May 2022