An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Hair Packaging Lab Technician to join our client, a leading global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum, based at their prestigious facility in Port Sunlight R&D. This is a full-time temporary role to start ASAP to last for 6 months working a 37.5 hour week with a possibility to extend. This role is paying up to £21,542 per annum, pro rata, depending on experience.
The main job purpose is to ensure effectiveness of the packaging laboratory testing & reporting in order to meet all project support requirements of the Hair packaging team whilst ensuring safety within the lab facilities is a key priority. The main focus of this role will be specifically to carryout testing related to E-Com / Amazon ISTA-6 to certify packs are fit for multiple channel distribution - however there will also be the need to support packaging testing across the full range of lab equipment when required.
- Responsible for ensuring operational use of laboratory through formalised job request system to ensure organised & prioritised planning of equipment usage.
- Ensure all laboratory data is fit for purpose in line with procedures laid down in functional excellence guidelines.
- Ensure the laboratory housekeeping standards are upheld.
- Provide support to deliver testing program, including identifying opportunities to streamline processes.
- Provide clear and accurate measurement & testing reports, with clear conclusions and recommendations.
- Provide problem solving technique & options to assess findings of packaging testing.
- Ensure all safety procedures are adhered to and training requirements are kept up to date.
The job holder will be required to communicate across a number of functions including internally with GDC project teams & site facilities. Communication will be a mix of formal and informal through verbal and written reports. Typical types of information will include component qualification and testing reports, planning schedules, training plans and safety updates. Information will be used to influence decision making in projects and set testing.
As this is a customer service role for the GDC packaging teams must communicate clearly and listen effectively to team members in order to provide effective service.
Skills and experience
Minimum A level, with science or engineering background. Formal packaging qualifications preferred.
- Mechanical Engineering experience is a must
- Laboratory experience ideally in a packaging context
- Experience / appreciation in Packaging and/or Engineering/Manufacturing
- Experience in laboratory Measurement and testing equipment
- Fluent PC skills including Excel, Powerpoint & Word
- Ability to read technical drawings and understand tolerances
- Safety train - as a minimum RA, Manual Handling, CoSHH assessment and ISOSH Working Safely
- The job holder will be required to have a good understanding of project management.
- Graduates are encouraged to apply for the role
The job requires working to some clearly defined Standard Operating Procedures and protocols. The job holder is expected to lead continuous improvement programs in laboratory practice and management.