Job Title: Mobile Repair Technician
Location: Ruislip, Middlesex, GB, HA4 0QH - cover central London within M25 areas
Compensation: £43,437.58 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF42966
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our Vehicle and Equipment Contract held with London Fire Brigade, being responsible for inspecting, diagnosing and repairing LFB's assets at their operating or training locations, in a safe and efficient manner.
The asset fleet currently comprises of approximately 460 vehicles across 39 categories, together with around 46,000 items of operational equipment.
Who we are looking for?
This role involves working at London Fire Brigade sites and alongside their personnel, therefore it is essential for you to be an ambassador for Babcock, presenting the highest levels of professionalism at all times.
What will you be doing?
As a Mobile Repair Technician you will play a key role in delivering the highest levels of operational asset availability measured in accordance with extremely demanding targets.
Your duties will include:
* To visit London Fire Brigade stations and Training establishments throughout the Greater London area to maintain, adjust and repair heavy and light vehicles, components, accessories and operational equipment in a safe, proper and economical manner.
* To ensure that the company vehicle is roadworthy at all times and any necessary repairs and scheduled maintenance events are planned in good time. MRTs must keep their vehicles clean and presentable and must maintain a logbook confirming that daily roadworthiness checks have been carried out before use, fuel used, mileage driven and a list of defects and their rectification plans/completed dates
* To ensure that the company vehicle parts inventory is maintained in accordance with the agreed stock details and levels. The rear of the van is your place of work and as such, it must be kept clean, safe and free from hazards at all times. Any hazardous materials arising from the repairs or maintenance carried out must be disposed of in accordance with the appropriate procedures
* To diagnose faults and test vehicles utilising technical equipment and procedures and techniques, including road testing where deemed necessary, whilst understanding the importance of following procedures, method statements, work instructions and risk assessments.
* To observe, recognise and report on defects and/or symptoms of impending failure by interpreting technical service information and data from manuals, bulletins and or computer files and data.
* To provide your own toolkit suitable for carrying out a range of electrical, mechanical and body repairs on light and commercial vehicles. An inventory of all tools must be provided to Babcock and you must agree to maintain your toolkit in accordance with the manufacturers' instructions and company health and safety policies. Defective tools should be replaced and not used
The experience you'll bring
* Fully qualified HGV Technician - City & Guilds or equivalent
* MOT testing experience
* Good level of industry knowledge / awareness
* Full Driving Licence
* High levels of efficiency
* Good diagnostic skills
* Quality awareness
* Work under pressure to tight deadlines with the ability to achieve high standards
* Must have or have the ability to obtain SC security clearance
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing date: 12th May 2022