Job Title: Senior Construction Supervisor
Location: Hamilton (Kintail House), Blantyre, Lanarkshire, G72 0FT. Travel anywhere in Scotland will be required.
Compensation: £42,758.00 + 20% roster premium, overtime paid at time 1/2, company van, laptop & phone + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF43638
We have a great opportunity for a Senior Construction Supervisor to join our business here at Bishops Briggs, Glasgow. You will be reporting into the Construction Manager and working in conjunction with the Project Manager to ensure the day to project works are running smoothly in terms of safety, qualify, environment, design and compliance. You will be responsible for pricing, ordering of materials and plant and the rostering and management Babcock employees and sub-contractors.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an engaging and self-motivated individual who is a strong team player with excellent leadership and management skills. You will need to have the ability to plan and organise your workload effectively and efficiently. We will need you to be highly organised and an effective communicator, both verbally and written. We are looking for someone from a civils background, having track experience would be great but is not essential.
What will you be doing?
As a Senior Construction Supervisor you will
* Lead, motivate and manage construction teams and act as a role-model for them in terms of behaviours and values, and mentor their professional development.
* Undertake the construction supervision of project works.
* Comply with construction management processes and effectively implement them.
* Apply a consistent approach to construction management, implementation of processes and the management of contractors.
* Provide construction management input to the project works, particularly advice regarding construction/ implementation/ constructability, attendance at pre-possession planning meetings, construction/ implementation reviews and QSRA meetings.
* Undertake appropriate liaison with the Maintainer when the project works will/ may affect Maintained Assets.
The experience you'll bring
* Demonstrable successful construction management experience essential
* Experience in the rail industry desirable but not essential
* Understanding of the CDM Regulations and health & safety legislation, regulations and industry practices.
* Demonstrable experience of the implementation of health, safety, environmental and quality management processes.
* Contract and commercial awareness.
* Ability to operate effectively in the site environment.
* Full UK Driving License Essential
* You will be required to undertake Drugs & Alcohol tests
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 13th May 2022