Job Title: JAMES Manager & SME
Location: DSG Warminster, Wiltshire, BA12 0BS - Agile 3 days on site and 2 days Working from Home
Compensation: £39,508 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF42899
This is your opportunity to join Babcock as a James Manager & SME. As the JAMES Manager & SME you will be responsible for a team of 13, reporting into the Senior Planner. This is a key role for the business, you will be working with internal and external stakeholders on a complex database (JAMES). You will be working with various teams across the business, PMO, Engineering, Commercial and Ops to ensure contracts are adhered to and KPI's are met.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an all-rounder who is proactive and has a 'can do' attitude. You will have a keen eye to attention to detail and good problem-solving skills. We are looking for someone with an understanding of the Military, good data analysis experience and previous line management responsibilities.
What will you be doing?
As a James Manager & SME you will
* Build close working relationships with Operational, and Support functions (e.g., Central Order Team, Operational Planning Managers, P&SC, Customer Services, and Engineering Services) to deliver a joined up service and become the key focal point for both the Customer Business regarding queries and application of the JAMES MIS System.
* Plan resources to ensure the timely and accurate recording of MRO activity on the Authorities JAMES MIS System.
* Provide SME support for all JAMES aspects including adherence to SOPs, system reports and MRO data recording onto JAMES including Maintenance, JCR, Usage and Configuration updates.
* Provide data analysis support, advice and guidance to the Operations and Engineering Teams in order they may fulfil their obligations and duties, and ensure that where appropriate, changes in Engineering Standards identified through the JAMES Portal are effectively communicated.
The experience you'll bring
* You will likely come from a Military background with an understanding of the various platforms
* Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
* Excellent data analysis experience
* Previous line management experience
* Knowledge of the JAMES system would be an advantage, but training can be given if you have an awareness of military vehicles and equipment.
* You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* Share ownership scheme
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 6th May 2022