Job Title Electrical Fitter (Utilities)
Location -Faslane, Helensburgh, GB, G84 8HL
Compensation £ 32,422 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: 43274
We have an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Fitter to join us at HMNB Clyde
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for Electrical Fitter to undertake electrical fitting activities and conduct operations on Utilities systems and equipment. With a proven track record who will undertake electrical fitting activities utilising their skill set determining the best way to investigate, rectify and repair faults.
What will you be doing?
* Completion of all planned preventative maintenance to ensure the department meets the objectives of the business.
* Completion of all defect and repair activity to ensure the department meets the objectives of the business.
* Ensure that work is carried out in line with current processes and make suggestions on improving systems and processes to increase productivity and safety in accordance with set objectives and timescales.
* Work within all H&S legislation, Safe Systems Of Work and control of work processes in accordance with Clyde policies.
* Operate Utilities systems and equipment in accordance with relevant procedures.
* Undertake mentoring where required to personnel in the operation & maintenance of Utilities systems and equipment
* Perform any reasonable task within your existing skills and capability, as directed.
The experience you'll bring
A recognised Electrical Engineering Apprenticeship qualified to SVQ Level 3 (or NVQ and C&G equivalent) or HNC and above in a Electrical/Electronic engineering discipline with relevant work experience.
* Electrical Systems and Equipment
* Utilities Operational Documentation
* Interpretation of engineering drawings
* Maintenance Documentation
* Company Policies
* Health Safety and Environment
* Quality Assurance
* Risk Assessments
* Safe systems of work
* You should hold or have ability to obtain full SC Clearance
* Candidates must demonstrate that they meet and uphold our Purpose and Principles.
What a role with Babcock offers?
Generous benefits including:
* Generous holiday entitlement, 227 hours holiday entitlement increasing to 263 after 5 years of service (includes public and privileged holidays).
* Matched contribution pension scheme with life assurance
* Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts, and our Share Ownership Scheme
* Employee Assistance programme
* Training and development opportunities
* Autonomy. Feel trusted to deliver
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
HM Naval Base Clyde is located 6 miles north of Helensburgh in the West of Scotland. We are well placed for commuter links to Glasgow and the wider region, but it is recommended for employees to travel by car due to the location.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants..
Closing Date: 13th May 2022