Location: United Kingdom - Remote working
Compensation: Attractive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full Time / Permanent
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Software Developer to join the leading provider of critical, complex engineering services who support national defence, save lives and protect communities. In this role you'll support application development throughout the application lifecycle, conception to retirement, including maintenance, support and upgrade, while at the same time developing a future career with Babcock International.
Who we are looking for?
This role is ideal for an experienced Software Developer looking to expand on their skillset whilst being an integral part of the team, delivering support, development and management of applications that contribute to maintaining a Global FTSE 500 Defence organisation.
What will you be doing?
- Develop and maintain bespoke applications.
- Management of the transition of applications into the production environment. Ensure all changes are tested, documented and version controlled.
- Working with the Central IT function for the creation and management of application environments.
- Support the development and management of applications, and configuration of the relevant installations, to ensure continuous service.
- Adherence to process and procedures to ensure document configuration management, modification management, build management, version controls, and gate review documentation.
- Provide 3rd line support for developed applications. Resolution of issues to a permanent fix to agreed SLAs.
The experience you'll bring
You will need experience of developing Microsoft .Net applications:
- C#, .Net Framework, .Net Core
- Web Technologies; ASP.Net MVC, Web API, Bootstrap
- Key Frameworks; Entity Framework
Lastly, you must hold or have the ability to obtain SC security clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
Babcock Corporate Services (BCS) is a global function, with our largest site being Lakeside in Portsmouth, but we operate from multiple sites around the world. BCS supplies and operates all IT, security, procurement, and finance Shared Services. We are embedded alongside the operations that we serve, enabling us to maintain close working relationships that support delivery to our customers. We drive standardisation, simplification and automation across Babcock, to help generate sustainable value for the group and our external customers.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to ensure that our recruitment processes are regularly reviewed and adapted, as required, to ensure we're compliant with the latest government advice. We are striving to protect both our current and future employees by acting in a responsible way which reflects the restrictions we face.
To find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants please visit our website.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers page.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.
Closing Date: 11th May 2022