An exciting opportunity for Machine operators to join a well know manufacturing company in Corby.
Job Purpose: To produce polyethylene film to meet customer specifications in colour, gauge and material properties using a variety of different extrusion machines. To produce film printed on the roll for conversion into carrier bags.
* Work with attention to detail: produces work that is accurate and does not require any changes.
* Able to set up dies, extrusion machines and auxiliary equipment.
* Observe machine operation to detect profile defects or machine malfunction and readjust operating conditions.
* Conduct quality checks by measuring product dimensions to determine accuracy of machine operation.
* Move finished product and place in racking.
* Carry scrap to designated cage for baling or recycling.
* Fill hopper, and perform minor machine maintenance such as lubrication, filter change and cleaning dies.
* Ensure that all rolls are made to required specification.
* Ensure production sheets are filled out correctly, accurately
* Ensure quality control is maintained throughout the shift
* Ensure samples are taken and all QC paperwork is filled out correctly.
* Keep scrap to a minimum and make every effort to avoid unnecessary scrap levels.
* To report any maintenance issues promptly
* Participate and ensure a smooth handover between shifts.
* Ensure all reels are banded correctly and labelled correctly and clearly.
* Ensure that all bins are filled before the end of the shift and that solvent and ink are fully stocked on the floor.
* Ensuring the work area is tidy and kept in a professional manner.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Needed for the Job:
* Ability to use a tape measure and micrometer accurately
* Basic math skills
* Ability to read written instructions in English, production report
* Basic computer literacy
Job Context and any other relevant information:
* Comply with company policy and rules
* To carry out all reasonable requests
* Follow procedures and assist in improving these where ever possible
* Attend any training provided to you whether individually or collectively
* Perform duties in safe and responsible manner.
* £10.73 per hour
* 12 hour shifts 4 on, 4off working pattern 0530am-1730 and 1730-0530 rotating with 1 hour paid break per shift
* You will be required to work a 4 on 2 off shift pattern while training
* No cancellations
* Great team environment
* Free refreshments Tea/ coffee
* Onsite parking
* Pension scheme
* Vouchers / birthday gifts
For more information please call 07483936411 or apply with your CV and we will be in touch.