My client is an established name within the waste industry. Due to expansion, they are looking for a technically competent manager to cover several sites.
The opportunity is for a Level 4 COTC Holder, with Hazardous treatment, transfer, and landfill, to join their Waste Operation Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring compliance in accordance with permit regulations across all sites located in East Anglia and East Midlands.
The ideal candidate will have a hands-on approach. Company vehicle, fuel card, laptop, phone, and PPE (except safety boots) would be provided.
Salary from £40k - £50k dependent on experience
Duties include but not limited to:
- Conduct regular site inspections to ensure site compliance with permit regulations.
- Work closely with the Site Managers and Board of Directors to address compliance improvements.
- Liaise with any regulatory bodies, and deal with any identified non- compliances quickly and effectively.
- Ensure that all records required by Statutory Regulation and Company Procedures are maintained.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with the Environmental Agency and any other Local Authorities where necessary.
- Report maintenance issues on-site and assist, where necessary in their resolution.
- Ensure that risk assessments are in place for site activities, making recommendations for improvement and ensuring implementation.
- Carry out compliance checks on our sites with Fire Protection Plans.
- Drive a positive Health & Safety culture throughout the business.
- Collaboration with various departments throughout the business around operational activities.
- Ensure a high level of housekeeping is carried out and maintained across all sites.
- Carry out any additional operational duties as required by management to ensure smooth running of the site.
Key Skills and experience:
- WAMITAB COTC Level 4 in Waste Management Operations - Landfill (4MLH), Transfer (4TSH) & Treatment (4TMH) with continuing competence essential
- Understanding of the Waste & Aggregates industries/ operations.
- Computer literate.
- IOSH Managing Safely would be desirable but not essential.
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise own workload and work largely unsupervised.
- Full UK Driving Licence.