Our client, Aston Martin's vision is to be the world's most desirable, ultra-luxury British brand, creating the most exquisitely addictive performance cars. Aston Martin is renowned as an iconic global brand synonymous with style, luxury, performance, and exclusivity. Aston Martin fuses the latest technology, time honoured craftsmanship and beautiful styling to produce its critically acclaimed luxury models. The combination of a strong heritage, a unique culture and cutting-edge technology makes Aston Martin truly special as well as providing an exciting and rewarding environment.
Our client's site at St Athan, South Wales, is a state of the art facility built specifically to build the Aston Martin DBX. We are looking for high calibre individuals with a passion and energy to strive to achieve the highest standards in everything they do. We are seeking committed individuals to join the team in either our Body Construction, Paint or Final Assembly teams as a Production Technician to support the building of the beautiful DBX.
Beautifully engineered vehicles are a result of months and sometimes years of meticulous design, dedicated craftsmanship, uncompromising testing, and a personal customer experience second-to-none. The Production Technician role provides varied support across the life-cycle of the car as it moves through the process of creation.
The day-to-day responsibilities of this role include:
* Working in line with the process and standards required using the Company's on-screen instruction system.
* Following set instructions to assemble various components of the vehicle to the standard stipulated
* Picking and sorting parts for allocation to work-stations.
* Preparing and cleaning vehicle chassis before painting.
* Ensure work is conducted to the required quality standards.
* Completing all tasks within cycle time.
* Supporting quality, productivity and process improvement initiatives.
* Storing controlled substances/components into correct track side location.
* Maintaining Five S standards in your work area and adhering to company housekeeping processes.
* Carrying out lean production activities.
Required Experience & Knowledge:
* Demonstrate a working level understanding of manufacturing processes.
* Similar experience in a similar environment using small hand tools, contributing to a team process and organising parts or components for use in assembly.
* A team based approach to work and a willingness to learn.
* The ability to closely follow a process in a time-bound environment.
Hours of work:
Shift Pattern Monday - Thursday Friday
Day Shift 6.30 - 15.30 6.30 - 11.30
Double Days (Early Shift) 6.00 - 14.00 6.00 - 12.00
Double Days (Late Shift) 14.00 - 01.00
Contractual overtime arrangements are in place to ensure required production demands can be met. More information on working arrangements will be provided throughout the recruitment process.
To be considered for this role you will need to complete and pass the pre-employment aptitude test.
If an opportunity to work with one of the world's leading prestige brands in a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility sounds like it could be the next move for you, please get in touch with us on 01656 657231 to hear more about how you could join the team!