My Client are specialists in the manufacturing of feeds, compounds & a variety of care for pet & equine industry. I am supporting the introduction of an Engineering Manager who will oversee the engineering functions across 3 sites of the business based out of the Lancaster site, you will also hold responsibility for Stone & Carlisle. This is an exciting time to be joining the business, as they are going through growth & restructure that will warrant the delivery of a £2.7m CAPEX project over the coming 3 - 5 years. This will involve the management of capital and revenue of the project and budgets across 3 Operations production sites, ensuring existing equipment and facilities are maintained safely and in compliance with relevant legislation.
As Engineering Manager, you will play a critical role in the development of the tasks demonstrated by the Engineering Team, after taking time to understand the company processes & working a part of the Senior Leadership Team. You will be supported in the integration of any new processes identified, so experience of working on Continuous Improvement project would offer an excellent insight.
General Candidate requirements:
- Hold a relevant Engineering qualification & have demonstrable experience of the management & decision making for a Team.
- Experience of conception to delivery of projects - including budget & planning
- Experience of food or animal feed-based products is desirable but not essential, working on:
- Packaging machinery
- Demonstrate a professional image of the Company and its values in a professional manner at all times, including the mentorship of new staff, pushing back where necessary to ensure that all processes & procedures are follower to allow maximum output.
- Adhere to Company and Group policies and procedures, including but not limited to those relating to Safety, Health and Environmental and Feed Safety.
- Observe all relevant legislation and codes of practice, such as UFAS policies and procedures.
- To manage the design, costing, installation, and implementation of all aspects of annual maintenance and CAPEX project work required.
- To be actively involved in the day-to-day delivery of allocated projects, ensuring that all necessary reporting and administration deadlines are met.
- Ensure that all operational sites and new installations comply with the requirements of H&S legislation, IPPC Permit conditions, HACCP and UFAS accreditation.
- Develop functional and technical specifications for all elements of work which you are responsible for.
- Continually identify opportunities for improved performance, efficiencies and cost savings whilst ensuring that all current and impending legislative requirements are met.
- Manage the engineering repairs and maintenance budget, together with the capital expenditure budget for all sites.
- To produce all necessary documentation of for commissioning, training, maintenance and maintain records as required by legislation.
- Working alongside the Safety, Health and Environmental Manager ensure that the safety standards of existing plant and equipment across the mills are maintained in line with company policy and procedures.
- Be the principal contact to the operational teams for the maintenance and operational performance of new and existing plant.
- Coordinate and supervise installation contractors and in conjunction with the Safety, Health and Environmental Manager ensure that all contractors adhere to current legislation.
- Develop best engineering and maintenance practices across the business.
- Manage engineering purchases and maintenance contracts across the business, ensuring the most cost effective and complaint contracts are achieved.
- Act as line manager for the project engineer, building and providing mentoring, coaching and challenge to the wider site maintenance team.
The role is offered on a full time & permanent basis & is paying an excellent salary, car allowance & benefits package.
If interested, click apply now: