Mobile Applications Technical Lead
Location: Flexible Worker - can be based near any Babcock location
Compensation: Attractive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full Time / Permanent
Excellent role on offer for a Mobile Applications Technical Lead, where you will work as part of a large project to migrate mobile applications from Blackberry to Apple technologies, being responsible for the internal and external delivery, support and development of mobile applications to Babcock employees, customers and suppliers.
Who we are looking for?
You will maintain a roadmap and standards for the delivery of mobile applications across the group through engagement with Babcock Corporate Services Management team, Security, the wider Babcock business and third party vendors. Therefore, excellent people and planning skills, focused on quality and attention to detail as well as the abilty to work under pressure are all key attributes for this role.
What will you be doing?
- Deliver and manage a mobile applications development, strategy and standards in conjunction with the IS infrastructure teams for internal and external customers to access our internal and external system safely.
- Create a mobile application factory for internal and external delivery with a partner(s).
- Manage and maintain pipeline of mobile apps and app mobile development.
- Resolve conflicts of backend applications, mobile OS and mobile applications.
- Help business prioritise mobile apps opportunities and create business cases to manage through a collective roadmap for mobile application delivery.
- Manage a standard process to decide on how requirements are delivered - including decisions such or buy / build. Engage Babcock technical, security and functional architects in the process as needed.
- Work with Babcock security team to define and manage a standard security process around mobile apps.
- Create standards for interface design and development standards for mobile applications.
- Report on release activity to stakeholders; internal and, as required, external.
- Works with live service support to ensure suitable support procedures are in place around mobile apps.
- Works with support managers as needed to ensure successful diagnoses and resolution of tickets raised.
- Actively contributes to the process of continual improvement and repeatable process.
The experience you'll bring:
- Blackberry UEM\MDM, IPA and Intune (O365) Administration.
- Strong understanding and experience with Microsoft Windows 10, Autopilot, Intune/Microsoft Endpoint Manager and Azure Active Directory and Conditional Access.
- Must have a solid foundation in documentation and installation through all troubleshooting aspects.
- Knowledge of mobile development technologies such as Apple xcode, Android studio, Visual studio, HTML 5 and an understanding of the trade-offs in different types of app delivery e.g. native, hybrid or mobile web app.
- Knowledge of mobile testing technologies e.g. HockeyApp, TestFlight Google Play Beta, iOS SDK and solid experience of testing mobile applications using mobile emulators.
- A broad, enterprise-wide view of the business and varying degrees of appreciation for strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance.
- Clean driving license with ability to travel to other sites.
Lastly, you must hold or have the ability to obtain SC and ONR security clearance.
Babcock Corporate Services (BCS) is a global function, with our largest site being Lakeside in Portsmouth, but we operate from multiple sites around the world. BCS supplies and operates all IT, security, procurement, and finance Shared Services. We are embedded alongside the operations that we serve, enabling us to maintain close working relationships that support delivery to our customers. We drive standardisation, simplification and automation across Babcock, to help generate sustainable value for the group and our external customers.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to ensure that our recruitment processes are regularly reviewed and adapted, as required, to ensure we're compliant with the latest government advice. We are striving to protect both our current and future employees by acting in a responsible way which reflects the restrictions we face.
To find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants please visit our website.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers page.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.
Closing Date: 17th May 2022