Web Application Support Analyst
Location: Keynsham, Bristol, GB, BS31 2YH
Compensation: Competitive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full Time/ Permanent
Babcock Corporate Services (BCS) is a global function, with our largest site being Lakeside in Portsmouth, but we operate from multiple sites around the world. BCS supplies and operates all IT, security, procurement, and finance Shared Services.
We are embedded alongside the operations that we serve, enabling us to maintain close working relationships that support delivery to our customers. We drive standardisation, simplification, and automation across Babcock, to help generate sustainable value for the group and our external customers.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Web Application Support Analyst to join an established team who provide high quality support and expertise for the operation of the hosted web applications and CITRIX Infrastructure delivery platform.
The role would be suited to someone with IT knowledge looking to progress their career within a diverse and dynamic business.
What will you be doing?
* Working with the team to maintain the high availability of core infrastructure applications and services, which includes web applications, application services for messaging, monitoring, patching, deploying updates, and supporting.
* Installing and configure new applications, supporting and upgrading through life, plus using available software and specialist monitoring tools to support the monitoring, troubleshooting and auditing of core Infrastructure applications systems and services.
* Conduct investigations of operational problems, makes proposals for improvement, and implements them when appropriate using the usual control procedures.
* Ensuring systems are backed up correctly via the backup tape swapping rota including offsite tape storage.
The experience you'll bring
You will need the following:
* Knowledge of Exchange, Skype, Solarwinds, SCCM.
* Experience using Databases, SQL and of Windows operating systems.
* Supporting web applications and CITRIX services
* Knowledge of VMware for infrastructure support.
* Some knowledge of Linux operating systems is desirable
Lastly, you will need to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) and Developed Vetting (DV) clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
Babcock Corporate Services (BCS) is a global function, with our largest site being Lakeside in Portsmouth, but we operate from multiple sites around the world. BCS supplies and operates all IT, security, procurement, and finance Shared Services. We are embedded alongside the operations that we serve, enabling us to maintain close working relationships that support delivery to our customers. We drive standardisation, simplification and automation across Babcock, to help generate sustainable value for the group and our external customers.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to ensure that our recruitment processes are regularly reviewed and adapted, as required, to ensure we're compliant with the latest government advice. We are striving to protect both our current and future employees by acting in a responsible way which reflects the restrictions we face.
To find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants please visit our website.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers page.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.
Closing Date: 17th May 2022