Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire, GB, PO6 3EN
Compensation: £22,000 - £26,500 (depending on knowledge & experience) + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent Position
Role ID: SF43103
Here at Babcock International we are looking for an experienced Cashier to join our team based in Portsmouth. You will be undertaking cash based transactional processing services reporting into the Treasury and Transactional Manager. In this role you will be responsible for the production of the cash position in respect to bank transactions, maintaining bank mandates and additional information keeping an up-to-date listing of all signatories.
Who we are looking for?
Through a strong customer focus you will be able to provide excellent personal assistance in meeting customer requirements in a friendly and approachable manner. As well as using professional and effective co-operation you will assist in the identification of improvement opportunities concerning services provided.
What will you be doing?
* Record all bank transactions
* Effect payments using various online or manual payment systems
* Ensuring timely and accurate production of reconciliations
* To deliver performance statistics relating to the status of activities within cash and expenses administration, throughout workload and other target related reporting as agreed in SLA's
* Handling Direct Debit/Standing Order requests
* Provision of advice on Treasury Policy
* Ensuring all SLA's are met or exceeded
The experience you'll bring
You will need the following:
* You'll need to have extensive cashier experience and knowledge (essential).
* Would also like you to have experience in all or some of these areas: ability to present and explain data clearly and concisely, knowledge of VAT and Cash Management and experience of electronic banking systems and bank reconciliations (essential).
* Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010 - Excel, incl. Pivot Tables, Word and Outlook (essential).
* Experienced use of SAP, IFS, TMS (Treasury Management System) and Navision (essential).
Lastly, you must have or have the ability to obtain BPSS security clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
Babcock Corporate Services (BCS) is a global function, with our largest site being Lakeside in Portsmouth, but we operate from multiple sites around the world. BCS supplies and operates all IT, security, procurement, and finance Shared Services. We are embedded alongside the operations that we serve, enabling us to maintain close working relationships that support delivery to our customers. We drive standardisation, simplification and automation across Babcock, to help generate sustainable value for the group and our external customers.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to ensure that our recruitment processes are regularly reviewed and adapted, as required, to ensure we're compliant with the latest government advice. We are striving to protect both our current and future employees by acting in a responsible way which reflects the restrictions we face.
To find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants please visit our website.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers page.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.
Closing Date: 17th May 2022