Job Title: Senior Process Design Engineer
Location: Rosyth, Fife, GB, KY11 2YD
Compensation: Salary range is indicative and automatically generated by LinkedIn from estimated data
Role Type: Permanent
Job ID: 43758
This is your opportunity to make a real impact as a Senior Process Design Engineer. You will perform all Process Engineering design work in support of winning and delivering large scale process-engineering themed projects. From start to finish, completing drawings and providing commissioning and operational package to allow the ship to run.
Here at Babcock International Group in Rosyth we aim to deliver engineering-led and world-leading products and services across our Engineering, Specialised Manufacturing, Gas Handling Systems and Naval Marine business streams.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Senior Process Design Engineer with experience in a senior/lead role. You should be highly motivated with attention to detail with good problem solving and analytical skills and are used to working in a fast-paced environment.
What you will be doing?
Your key responsibilities will include:
* Design activities associated with marine and offshore liquefied gas plants, ensuring safe and economical design while striving for continuous improvement
* Leading a team of Process Engineers on allocated projects demonstrating technical competence and ownership whilst being responsible for the relevant technical sign-offs and engineering governance.
* Mentoring and supporting Process Team Engineers and Graduates.
* Develop PFD's, P&ID's etc with participation in design reviews, HAZID, HAZOP, FMEA, SIL and LoPA studies.
* Calculations for process line sizing, control valve sizing, relief system capacities, process control and utility requirements.
* Produce technical documentation including formal submission of calculations, reports and operating manuals
The experience you'll bring
* Degree qualified in Chemical Engineering. Preferably chartered.
* Proven relevant experience
* Good working knowledge of Unisim and Microsoft Office is required
* Good working knowledge of Product and Process Safety systems; HAZID, HAZOP, FMEA, SIL and LoPA.
* Experience of leading studies such as HAZID and HAZOP is preferable.
* You should hold or have the ability to obtain Security Clearance
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click here to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 17th May 2022