We are recruiting 5 process Operators to start as soon as possible. Training will be provided on all the equipment on plant. A previous manufacturing background would be preferred but not essential. Must have a good level of written and spoken English both together with the ability to solve and implement problems. The starting salary will be c. £24k plus 35% shift allowance as this will be a 4 on 4 off continuous shift pattern. The teams work 2 days, followed by 2 nights and then 4 off.
A problem solver, ideally with manufacturing background to monitor the plant process, performance and condition and deliver scheduled preventive maintenance and other tasks assigned to the shift team. Must be able to interpret data produced by the Process Automation Information System and act/intervene accordingly Employs troubleshooting and problem-solving skills to resolve any safety, quality and reliability problems that may occur. The successful applicants will identify and record improvement opportunities that will benefit customers and/or plant performance and participate in improvement initiatives and projects. You might be asked to assume the responsibilities of Shift Leader when properly trained to do so, in cases where the Shift Leader is absent. Additionally, successful applicants will 0ffload bulk and packaged raw materials and ensure an excellent standard of housekeeping in the work area.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- Able to solve problems and implement solutions in a manufacturing environment
- GCSE or equivalent in English Language and Mathematics. Fluent in spoken and written English
- Higher level qualifications or apprenticeship in manufacturing-related skills is an advantage
- The ability to work effectively in a diverse team is essential
- Will need to obtain a forklift truck licence if not already qualified