The core of this role will involve processing large sets of data, using third party and in-house systems, in line with the company policies and procedures and SLAs.
Key elements of the role include:
- Ensuring the effective and efficient operation of the billing for nominated accounts in line with corporate objectives, including:
- Raising and submitting invoices and supporting information accurately and in a timely manner as per agreed billing timetables
- Reconciling customer payments in order to allow payments to suppliers
- Producing and submitting customer statements.
- Establishing, managing and growing relationships with both external and internal customers, particularly for nominated accounts.
- To be a key member of the Billing team, involved in the systematic development of solutions for identified issues with the objective of improving efficiency, effectiveness and reducing ongoing cost.
- Proactively improving the quality of invoicing through identification and resolution of issues and the continuous improvement of invoicing processes.
- Ensure adequate cover can be provided during periods of absence, by ensuring that billing process and deliverables are documented and reviewed for the customers responsible for. Documentation should be kept up to date and completed in full in a Dummies guide style, without jargon and with screen shots.
- Ensure billing work-in-progress is processed in line with departmental goals.
- Work with internal/external customers on billing queries, supporting documents, and contractual changes if required.
- Liaising with Credit Control to resolve debt issues as required.
- Liaising with the Finance Team to ensure that correct margins are being reported as per contract, and that relevant information is available to ensure accurate financials are reported on a monthly basis.
- Attend internal/external meetings if necessary to resolve problems and /or disputes.
- Adhoc activities as directed.