Do you want to be part of a professional service, committed to supporting students and colleagues and delivering an exceptional student experience? Are you customer focussed and flexible in your approach? Do you enjoy working with a wide range of different people?
The Student Education Service is a passionate and ambitious University service that supports 38,000-plus students and 9,200-plus staff, to deliver an exceptional student experience. Our teams are committed to supporting every student to make the most of their time at Leeds and go on to succeed in their chosen career.
Teamwork is key to our success and we proactively seek to work collaboratively with others in the wider University community and externally. If you like the idea of being part of a community of 800 professional staff working across our beautiful campus then we would love to hear from you.
You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with staff, students and external partners. With a strong customer focus, you will always think about how we can do better and will contribute proactively to improving our Service.
As a Student Education Service Assistant your main duties will include:
- Working within and across teams to proactively support the delivery of teaching and learning and an exceptional student experience;
- Guiding and supporting students and colleagues with information and advice;
- Adapting to different activities and processes required to deliver the student experience; this could include, for example, explaining policies and procedures, updating records, organising meetings and activities and collating data from surveys;
- Responding efficiently and professionally to enquiries or requests for information; using your initiative and guidance and procedures to resolve problems effectively, knowing when to refer more complex queries;
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of the Service, suggesting ways we can continuously improve our Service, and keeping up to date with student support developments.
These duties provide a framework for the role and should not be regarded as a definitive list. Other reasonable duties may be required consistent with the grade of the post.
As a Student Education Service Assistant you will have:
- An enthusiasm for delivering an exceptional student experience and putting the customer first;
- The ability to thrive in a team environment, understanding the benefit of collaboration and partnership working with service colleagues, students and academic staff;
- A problem solving approach and ability to contribute to team decisions and make creative suggestions for continuous improvement and process change;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to adapt your style to different audiences;
- The ability to be approachable and supportive to build trust with students and colleagues whilst demonstrating professionalism in challenging situations;
- The ability to proactively plan and prioritise your own workload to meet team objectives;
- Excellent attention to detail, taking pride in the quality of your work and demonstrating your ability to manage confidential information;
- An understanding of the benefit of analysing patterns and trends to make informed decisions and measure success;
- Confidence and competence in utilising IT with a desire to develop proficiency in new software products;
- Commitment to seeking development and learning opportunities and keeping your own knowledge base up to date;
- The ability to respond flexibly and positively in a busy working environment to meet tight deadlines; including moving between different areas of the Service as needed.
Interested? Please apply today.