Wincanton are looking for Class 2 Drivers who have a passion for customer service to join our early shift team in Harlow, Essex. Carrying out deliveries for our Ikea contract, in and around London.
* £40,060 per annum
* £16.05 hourly salary
* 5 days on 3 days off over an 8-week rota - with regular weekend working
* Average of 25 drops per shift
* Working 48 hours per week
* Shift start times between 05:00 to 6.00
New Drivers will be welcomed
* 28 days annual leave (includes Bank Holidays)
* Uniform and PPE
* Access to pension scheme
* Permanent 48 hour a week contract
* Discounts including breakdown cover, high street, online stores and restaurant discounts
* Childcare vouchers
* For every driver that you refer, you can earn an impressive £1,000
* Be passionate about providing an excellent customer experience to our customers in their homes
* Work efficiently to tight deadlines to ensure customer satisfaction targets and service targets are adhered to in line with our values and behaviours
* Keep in regular communication with both customers and colleagues to update on progress and manage expectations effectively
* Drive in a safe and responsible manner, as we value the communities we service
* Be physically able to carry furniture in our customers' homes, taking care to protect their property and personal effects.
* Keep the lorry you use clean, tidy and well cared for so it is ready to be used the next day
* Due to the nature of the work heavy lifting is required. It is therefore essential that the successful applicant is capable to carry out this nature of work.
Experience and Qualifications
* You MUST hold a valid in date Class 2 Category C licence
* Must have a valid Driver CPC and Tacho card
* No more than 6 points on your licence
* Previous customer service and commercial driving experience is desirable
* Multi drop experience is desirable
* Be smartly presented, confident, engaging, polite and friendly
* DBS check will be undertaken
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is "to make our customers business's better, every day."
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That's why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.