Job Title: Planning Engineer
Location: Heysham, GB, LA3 1TU
Compensation: £30,000 - £45,000 + Benefits
Role Type: Full Time Permanent
Job ID: SF43334
When planning the Fuel Route Outage (FRO) and the Graphite Inspection Outages (GIO), the successful Planner will have the opportunity to interact with multiple stakeholders, both internal to operations and external to the Station to ensure the balance of operational programmes are accurate, optimised and challenging and achievable.
As a FRO/GIO Planner at Heysham 2 you will liaise with appropriate station departments to develop and maintain a fully logic linked & resourced Outage plan. Working with the Outage Co-ordinator, you will manage the preparation delivery in accordance to the Milestone process as well as Monitor and facilitate the delivery of the plan throughout the execution phase.
What will you be doing?
* Develop fully logic linked and resourced L3 Plan, reviewing historic similar plans to identify differences and review these with appropriate Station departments.
* Integrate all activities in each work area, match work scope to available resource, group work permit boundaries with SAP and coordinate the use of common services & facilities
* Manage changes to the plan due to "Scope Change" during preparation phase and include contingency activities
* Maintain Plan during execution phase by, updating progress, tracking critical / Sub-critical path, reviewing impact of emergent work & identifying any errors / improvements required in the plan
* Check plan against Tech Spec and other compliance requirements
* Provide outage reports as requested
The experience you'll bring
* An engineering or scientific HNC (or equivalent)
* Ideally, you will have project planning experience
* Knowledge and experience of using the EDF process & Planning Tool - including AMS & Primavera to competent levels.
* You will be well versed in the use of computer packages such as Word, Excel, Microsoft Project and PowerPoint
What a role with Cavendish Nuclear offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
About Cavendish Nuclear
Cavendish Nuclear is the UK's leading nuclear services company, with a highly-skilled workforce and a growing international presence. Our people innovate to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost across all aspects of the nuclear energy lifecycle.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.