Job Title: Contracts Support Manager - 52 Weeks FTC
Location: Rosyth, Fife, GB, KY11 2YD
Compensation: £37,105 to £43,700 per annum + Benefits
Role Type: Fixed Term Contract
Job ID: 42492
This is your opportunity to make a real impact as a Contracts Support Manager.
You will have overall contractual management of key work packages and supplier relationship management.
Here at Babcock International Group in Rosyth we aim to deliver engineering-led and world-leading products and services across our Engineering, Specialised Manufacturing, Gas Handling Systems and Naval Marine business streams.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Contracts Support Manager with proven experience and a track record in managing contract delivery in construction, engineering or manufacturing sectors
What will you be doing?
Your key responsibilities will include:
* Direct, influence and manage suppliers and stakeholders ensuring timely provision of contracted deliverables (e.g. drawings, specifications, quality requirements, technical and document deliverables, scheduling requirements, progress reports) and on time delivery of equipment, materials and services.
* Lead negotiations with suppliers to ensure that the most cost effective supply solutions, contractual risk is minimised and bargaining power across the projects and site is maximised. Ensure strict adherence within the supply chain to Client Technical and Quality 'Flow Down' requirements monitoring compliance
* Direct, influence and manage all offsite subcontract activities ensuring delivery to schedule and maximise cost saving opportunities whilst minimising risk to safety and quality
* Ensure good financial / budgetary controls and reporting structure throughout the life of the project including earned value management, CPI and SPI.
* Manage work scope changes, potential downtime/variation claims and identify opportunities to remove blockers which prevent project delivery
* Ensure Change Management is fully documented and tracked at all times, challenging Subcontractor claims and ensuring fully detailed substantiations are provided where onward transmission to the client is required.
* Identify and monitor subcontract Risks and considering these to overall project risks, planning and implementing responses and mitigation to them as well as responding to other issues that affect the project.
The experience you'll bring
* An Engineering background and experience of complex engineering projects with EPC methodologies would be advantageous.
* Ideally you will have an MCIP accreditation or equivalent
* You will hold or have the ability to obtain full SC clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* This is a 52 week fixed term contract where you will be expected to be onsite in Rosyth a minimum of 2 days per week.
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants..