Education Welfare Officer
Location: Exeter, Devon, GB, EX2 5GF
Compensation: £26,376.64 + Benefits
Role Type: Permanent / Term Time Only
Here at Babcock Education, we're looking to recruit an Education Welfare Officer to work in partnership with the local authority, schools, parents, pupils and other partners to improve school attendance and the welfare of students across Devon.
What will I be doing?
- Help ensure that children and young people are safe and have access to a suitable education.
- Provide efficient and effective support and challenge to schools in order to improve attendance and develop initiatives, in partnership with school staff, to encourage and promote attendance.
- Provide effective support and challenge to parents and pupils. You will work with parents to help them understand and fulfil their legal responsibilities in relation to School attendance and where appropriate, will gather supporting evidence to recommend legal proceedings in cases of irregular school attendance and when required, prepare reports for evidence in Court.
- To develop effective working relationships with other professionals in order to maximise outcomes for children and young people.
- Support the Elective Home Education (EHE) and Children Missing Education (CME) agendas, to promote co-operation with parents and pupils and ensuring that children are safeguarded.
What do I need to do the role?
For this role you will need to understand the law around education and keeping children safe and experience working with children and young people.
You will work as a skilled negotiator and must be willing and able to develop excellent relationships with professionals in order to achieve the best possible outcomes, therefore excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential for this role.
What else do I need to know?
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role - Enhanced DBS check / Enhanced DBS with Children's Barred List check.
- The role is mobile and you will be required to hold a Full driving licence and provide a vehicle for business use.
- Please go to our website to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Babcock LDP is part of Babcock Education, providing integrated education improvement and specialist intervention services. We work with academies, schools and settings, Devon County Council, other Local Authorities and with a range of regional and national bodies. Babcock LDP provides a single integrated service, which enables us to understand more fully the needs of customers and to deliver the best services to meet those needs in a coherent way. Our mission is to improve the life chances of all children and young people.
Babcock Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please check our career website for more information. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
On submission of your CV, you will be requested to complete an Application form in line with our commitment to Safer Recruitment.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.
Closing Date: 15th May 2022
Interview Date: 26th May 2022