Job Title: Vehicle Mechanic FMST
Location: Catterick Garrison, North Yorkshire, DL9 3LL
Compensation: £32,831 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF43744
This is your opportunity to join Babcock as a Vehicle Mechanic. As a Vehicle Mechanic within the FMST Team you will be carrying out repair and maintenance work on a wide range of advanced military wheeled vehicles across the UK.
The FMST role covers the breadth and depth of the United Kingdom in support of 1 (UK) Division. We have permanent locations in Catterick, Colchester and Warminster providing teams for Pre-Exercise, On Exercise (out of barracks) and Post Exercise support. The FMST role is a mobile one and as such requires the individual to spend much of their time away from the permanent location in support of the task, this could include overnight stays of up to 2 weeks away from home.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a positive and resourceful individual who has the determination to succeed using their initiative and experience. You will have the ability to utilise your skillset and experience in any area as requested by your line manager, in support of delivering the contract. This role could suit a service leaver with specific experience in vehicle recovery.
What will you be doing?
As a Vehicle Mechanic you will
* Be capable of repair and maintenance work on large and small vehicles.
* Be proficient at problem solving using technical knowledge and experience to obtain positive outcomes.
* Must be able to operate within a small remote team to achieve positive results.
* Resourceful and flexible able to adapt to changing priorities as necessary over entire range of supported equipment.
* Competent level of IT skills enabling proficient use of computer based vehicle management, diagnostic and spares requisition systems.
* Prepared for outdoor work all year round, flexibility in working across all vehicle platforms to assist team ethos.
The experience you'll bring
* A recognised qualification in Vehicle Mechanics with a minimum C&G level 3 or BTEC/IMI/NVQ equivalent or has served in HM Armed Forces as a Mechanic Class One.
* B1 Driving Licence, C+E Driving Licence with driver CPC - clean licence
* We would like you to have experience on MAN SVR
* Must be happy to work away from home on deployment and work 5 out of 7 days per week (could include some Saturdays and Sundays)
* Must have or have the ability to obtain SC security clearance
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Babcock DSG is committed to the continual development of its employees and to support this you may be required to undertake activity within your competence or accredited skillset across a variety of roles within your operational function or discipline consistent with your pay band. Additionally, training will be provided where required to broaden your personal competence and skills profile to maximise opportunities for your flexibility, personal development and deployability to provide experience across a range of roles and services we provide to our customers.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 1st June 2022