We're seeking an experienced Data Analyst - an analytical mind and business acumen who will support our Data Lead in analyzing company data and providing insights to product, sales, and marketing teams. The ideal candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions and finding opportunities for product and process optimization hidden in large data sets and will be adept at writing queries and using models to test and predict the effectiveness of different courses of action. Strong experience in using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms, and creating/running simulations is a must.
12 Month Contract (Possibility of conversion into permanent position)
Mostly Remote , 1 day per week office based
- Use combined knowledge of computer science and applications, modeling, statistics, analytics, and math to solve problems.
- Partner with IT Group to develop, implement, and maintain data ecosystem including databases, data warehouses, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies.
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Filter and "clean" data.
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data.
- Develop custom data models, A/B testing framework, and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Mine, connect, organize, and analyze data to enable single customer view and drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques, and business strategies in partnership with IT Group.
- Use machine-learning algorithms and predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting, and other business outcomes.
- Analyze large amounts of information from multiple angles to discover trends and patterns and highlight problems or opportunities.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions and enable smarter processes.
- Present information using data visualization techniques and craft a compelling story with the data.
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics, Applied mathematics, Engineering or relevant field; graduate degree in Data Science or other quantitative field is preferred.
- Proven experience as a Data Analyst or Data Scientist (minimum 3 years).
- Experience in digital marketing - understanding of marketing tactics including paid search, display, SEO, email automation, as well as web and apps.
- Proficiency with mathematics, statistical analysis, writing queries, and technical expertise regarding data models, database, data warehouse, and data lake design development, data management, data mining, and segmentation techniques, as well as data integration (ETL/ELT, API).
- Understanding of machine-learning and operations research as well as advanced pattern recognition and predictive modeling experience.
- Ability to harvest insights from data with proficiency in SQL.
- Knowledge of R and Python; familiarity with SAP HANA / BW, OLAP, Scala, Java, or C++ is an asset.
- Experience using Google Cloud Platform tools of BigQuery, Data Studio, Google Analytics, business intelligence tools, and data frameworks (e.g., Hadoop).
- Experience using data visualization tools (Google Data Studio, SAP Analytics Cloud, Tableau, Qlik, PowerBI, etc.)
- Comfort working in a dynamic, research-oriented group with several ongoing concurrent projects.
- Problem-solving aptitude and excellent communication and presentation skills.