Job Title: Project Manager (New Product Development)
Location: Rosyth, Fife, GB, KY11 2YD
Compensation: Salary range is indicative and automatically generated by LinkedIn from estimated data
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: 42794
Here at Babcock LGE we are currently looking for a Strategic Project Manager, you will work within and manage the New Product Development Team to develop and deliver commercially viable products / projects, in line with the company's growth strategy.
This is a newly created position and a chance for you to not only develop within the role but be part of the team which will have a huge impact on future growth of our business.
If you are ready for an exciting and new challenge then this is truly an excellent time to join Babcock LGE.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for someone who will be able to challenge the team and our suppliers to deliver growth focused innovation; prepare and present detailed technology roadmaps and business cases - dynamically screening against the market / customer context.
Develop early and accurate project definition and validation against strategy; audit resources and capabilities and build GAP analysis as part of project.
Demonstrate focus on risks, opportunities and probability of commercial success, considering each development endeavour as an investment.
We are looking for someone who is creative in the way they think and is not afraid to challenge the status quo.
What will you be doing?
* You will be engaging with customers, suppliers and sales / marketing teams to continually appraise and validate development efforts:
- Understand broad-base customer needs and value
- Understand competing technologies / solutions
- Build voice of the customer into solution design
- Work cross functionally to negotiate and influence work-load, understanding business-level priorities
* Lead development efforts in NPD team through conceptual project stage-gate process, ensuring project milestones / design reviews are conducted, detailed and decisions to go/kill are agreed and documented.
* Engage Technical, Commercial and Business Level authority / governance as appropriate; update design philosophy, capturing key decisions and mapping change.
* Prepare and deliver comprehensive handovers of convergent / concept phase for operational teams, supporting detailed development efforts through the divergent stage of each programme.
You will deliver against organisational learning / knowledge creation; making tacit explicit through-out all design / development works; focus on continuous improvement through integration of front-end (conceptual) teams with operational teams
* Provide a monthly report to the Programme Manager - Sales and New Product Development, Business Development and Commercial Directors
The experience you'll bring
* You will be able to demonstrate efficient end-end product / project and portfolio management and effective work-load planning and reporting.
* You will be able to demonstrate excellent negotiation and influencing skills - applied internally and externally
* Experience of managing a number projects at this level
* Degree qualified in a relevant discipline
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.