Project Manager (Fleet Programmes)
HMNB Clyde,nr Helensburgh
Salary: £38,250 - £58,750 depending on experience, pension, flex benefits, bonus and personal BUPA
About this role:
Here at Babcock International we are currently recruiting for a number of experienced Project Managers - ideally with experience of delivering technical engineering or maintenance programmes to join us at HMNB Clyde.
To provide a project management function as part of a team to safely plan & execute submarine maintenance periods.
You will work in collaboration with fleet engineering and compliance teams, as well as MoD customer (internal & external), to deliver the required outputs.
Who we are looking for?
As a Project Manager you will provide full project guidance and governance to ensure that maintenance plans are developed and agreed as the overall package evolves. These projects have to be delivered to safety, time, cost and quality requirements to maintain fleet operational capability.
This is an exciting opportunity to progress your career in a dynamic project management environment, whilst contributing towards the delivery of the UK MoD submarine programme.
What you will be doing?
- Lead on health, safety, environmental and quality aspects within the project.
- Leadership, management and motivation of all staff allocated to the project team.
- Development of project plans, schedules, risks and assumptions registers.
- Delivery of projects to the baseline schedule, cost and performance commitments whilst monitoring project performance against key performance indicators (KPI's)
- Establish and maintain governance arrangements for delivery of the project, defining clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities that align with the Babcock / MoD / RN joint project team (JPT) structure and ethos.
- Managing the customer interface and associated management of the project including identification and monitoring of project risks (threats & opportunities), planning and implementing control measures for these and responding to other issues that affect successful project delivery.
- Develop a continuous improvement environment by promoting the capture of lessons learned in the fleet operations learning from experience (LfE) register.
- Ensure a professional and diligent approach to project meetings, documentation, reporting and presentations to senior colleagues and customer representatives.
The experience you will bring?
* A Bachelor's degree in Engineering / Project Management, or HNC or equivalent in a relevant technical subject
* Association of Project Managers (APM) Project Management Qualification (PMQ) or equivalent and working towards Chartered Project Professional (ChPP) would be desirable
Skills / Experience:
* Ability to work under pressure in a dynamic and changing environment, with demonstrable ability to prioritise and coordinate multiple work streams.
* Excellent customer service skills, with the ability to build positive working relationships.
* Confidence and interpersonal skills to engage at all levels, including management of customer expectations.
* Experience of handling conflict and managing sensitive issues to achieve positive outcomes.
* Knowledge of business processes (HR, Finance Commercial)
* Knowledge of Submarine systems and equipment is desirable but not essential.
This role is based at HM Naval Base Clyde, located 6 miles north of Helensburgh in the West of Scotland. We are well placed for commuter links to Glasgow and the wider region, with easy access for car and public transport.
In addition to core working hours, you may be required to work overtime, including evenings and weekends, in order to meet project requirements.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Share Ownership Scheme
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
HM Naval Base Clyde is located 6 miles north of Helensburgh in the West of Scotland. We are well placed for commuter links to Glasgow and the wider region, but it is recommended for employees to travel by car due to the location.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Please visit our website to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.