A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a leading utilities company as Street Works Administrator to work at their offices based in Wolverhampton (WV10 6HZ), moving to Willenhall later this year. This is a full time TEMPORARY ongoing role paying £10.00 per hour and will increase to £10.40 after successfully completing a 12 week probationary period. The hours are 8.00am - 16.00pm, Monday to Friday, 37 hours per week. Permanent opportunities available for the right candidate.
Our client has a clear roadmap that will both drive their performance to the forefront of our industry and support the UK government in achieving their net zero target by 2050. They are making a difference through innovation and new ways of working. They are shaping/creating a cleaner, greener future for their 11 million customers, they put their heart into everything they do.
About the Role
The job will be based within the Streetworks and Reinstatement Administrative Team. This could involve,
- Issuing work to Sub Contractors, working with office systems such as SAP and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint etc)
- Taking calls from operational teams and using Street Manager (EToN) for permitting/ noticing of works
- Traffic Management
- Defective work resolution
- Support of Field Supervision
Specific application process training will be provided
- Gather, input and validate data from various sources including core systems and excel
- Update and maintain spreadsheets, reports and trackers with a high degree of accuracy
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure tasks are fulfilled within agreed timelines
- Escalation and involvement in resolution of issues as appropriate.
Skills and experience
Good attention to detail is paramount, with the willingness to plan your own workload, balancing conflicting priorities with minimal supervision. You must have good communicative skills both verbally and in written forms. A broad knowledge of desktop application use is highly desired.
To apply you'll possess the following qualifications, skills and experience,
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written to ensure that successful relationships are established and maintained
- Logical thinking with the ability to resolve problems quickly and effectively
- Proficient in the use of desktop applications
- Data input, excellent attention to detail
- Analysis skills
- Methodical and tenacious
- Ability to consistently work towards set objectives and deadlines
- A flexible and adaptable approach to the changing needs of the business
** All successful are required to undergo a DBS check before starting onsite**