We have a fantastic opportunity for Advanced CNC Operators to join our client who are one of the world's most broadly-based healthcare companies based in Leeds, LS11 8DT. This is a full time long-term TEMPORARY role for a duration of 12 months, to be reviewed after 6 months. Working 37 hours per week to a shift pattern.
The shifts are rotating double days - 6am to 2pm / 2pm to 10pm
Fixed Nights - 10pm to 6am.
The hourly rate is £18.34.
Our client believes good health is the foundation of vibrant lives, thriving communities and forward progress. For more than 130 years, they have aimed to keep people well at every age and every stage of life. Today, as the world's largest and most broadly based healthcare company, they are committed to using reach and size for good, striving to improve access and affordability, create healthier communities, and put a healthy mind, body and environment within reach of everyone, everywhere. Every day, more than 130,000 employees across the world are blending heart, science and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity.
As a Production CNC Technician you will be working within the Operations team and the role will be supporting the engineering processes within operations, including programming, setting and operating CNC machines (5 axis Milling / Turning, surface grinding etc) and also involve assisting in inspection activities such as CMM and automated surface finish inspection.
- To provide safe and reliable operation of multi axis CNC machinery associated ancillary equipment & CMM measuring equipment
- To accurately interpret detailed technical drawings and work instructions
- To develop innovative initiatives and manufacturing methodologies to improve product lead times to maximise value
- To carry out total asset care routines on equipment, including minor maintenance (such as weekly lubrication, filter changes etc)
- To prioritise own workload, working flexibly to achieve tight deadlines within the constraints of health safety and environmental policy and current legislation
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships and ensure good communication is established within the work cell and other functions
- To have a full understanding of the application of GMP practices, internal quality systems and methods to all aspects of own work
- The ability to operate computer systems and access software packages such as ADAPTIV, Seiki Systems (DNC), NX and JDE
- Ability to perform essential housekeeping functions in own area of responsibility and to champion 6s practices.
You will have a proven work history in a similar role and hold a recognised qualification or demonstrated skills in CNC machine programming, setting and operating, capable to program in one or more of the following languages Fanuc, Mazotrol, Heidenhain, Mill Plus. Ideally you will be from a medical background, but we will consider other regulated industries.
You will also have:
- Knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Experience of medical device industry, with knowledge of GMP practices and validation
- Basic experience in 6s, Operator Asset Care and Lean
- Knowledge of quality systems and related standards
- A pro-active approach to continuous improvement