Job Title: Senior Oracle Developer
Location: Stoke Gifford, Bristol, GB, BS16 1EJ
Compensation: £ 37,908.00 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF43672
Babcock's Digital Solutions business provides information management services and solutions for the purpose of providing through life engineering support to our customers. With projects ranging from UK and international naval fleet support the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on leading edge software technologies in a varied and challenging environment.
Who we are looking for?
To help us grow our business and contribute to our goals, we are seeking Software Developers with an extensive knowledge of Oracle APEX that have the drive, passion and energy to fill permanent roles. We are looking for individuals that have a positive "can do" attitude to work with a focus on delivering high quality solutions on time and budget.
What will you be doing?
* To undertake the requirement analysis, production and review of technical design solutions of large/complex programmes.
* Translate requirement, use cases, storyboards into functional applications using agreed standards and tools and testing of new IT applications.
* To undertake efficient software development through the use of good design - taking into account code reuse and efficiencies - and implementation methodologies.
* To apply technical experience and knowledge in the evaluation of solutions and maintain technical awareness to a level where alternatives can be advised, analysed and modelled.
* Participate in reviews of own work and that of colleagues to ensure application of best practice and local standards.
The experience you'll bring
* A positive "can do" attitude to work, focusing on delivering high quality solutions on time
* Disciplined and methodical approach to configuration control.
* Capable of developing complex server side PL/SQL code for data input validation and data import / export.
* Extensive knowledge of the Oracle APEX Web based application development toolset.
You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Enhanced employment terms and conditions
* Money purchase pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Occupational health services
* Flexible working hours (only non-industrials)
* Career opportunities, advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams
* Additional benefits may also apply for Management posts
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click here to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing date: 19/05/2022