An opportunity has arisen at one of the world's leading industrial chemical manufacturing companies for a Multi Skilled Engineer, preferably with an electrical bias (17th or 18th edition cert), but will consider without if you can add value to the existing Team & agree to upskilling/training as required (funded by Client). You will be performing reactive and proactive maintenance on factory machinery and infrastructure & coordinating with external contractors & stakeholders. As an Engineering Technician will have to react to breakdowns, diagnose faults and minimise down time. You will be performing Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) and installing new equipment. The plant is a good size, with a very slick operational plan & delivery & would suit someone who is used to being hands on at every level of the engineering process on site as it is a whole Team function.
What do you need to succeed in your application?
- 18th Edition Wiring Regulations plus Compex Certificate Ex01-06 required.
- Portable appliance testing trained is desirable.
- Experience of permit to work systems; writing method statements and risk assessments.
- Ideally from chemical, raw material manufacturing background
- Applying operating policies and procedures; awareness of EHS & attending all daily/weekly/monthly meetings for discussion points & accident management information
- PC skills; (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); and other applications
What will your day look like?
- Work in accordance with EHS policies to install and maintain equipment whilst ensuring minimum disruption to production schedules.
- Responding to equipment breakdowns, diagnosing faults, performing preventative and planned maintenance activities.
- Undertake routine electrical inspections and complete repairs as required - using both mechanical and electrical skills.
- Procurement of alternative equipment to ensure rapid repair of production machinery and plant.
- Executes work according to standardised (ALPS) work practices.
- Assist with developing maintenance schedules to ensure the safe and effective operation of equipment and machinery and other areas on site.
As an Engineering Technician you will already possess a minimum of five years of maintenance experience preferably in an environment where hazardous or flammable chemicals are being handled. Additionally, you will have an analytical outlook on your daily tasks & hold problem solving capacity, with experience of working under your own initiative is essential. There is a requirement to work cohesively with other Departments in the business, therefore you should always maintain a flexible approach to your workload.
- Upto £39k basic + £5818 shift allowance per annum + OT & call out (below)
Shifts: 6-2/2-10/10-6 Mon to Fri only (some flexibility when needed on shift patterns.
- Call out rate is 4 hours at double time
- 5 for overtime worked outside normal working hours/shift
- Saturdays - after 12 noon double time upto 12 noon x 1.5
- Sunday - double time whole shift
Apply now for immediate consideration.