Head of Indirect Tax
Location: United Kingdom - Remote (Ideally local to Portsmouth)
Compensation: Attractive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full Time / Permanent
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Head of Indirect Tax to join our business, ensuring all filings / lodgement is accurate and on time, while at the same time developing a future career with Babcock International.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an experienced Head of Indirect Tax to lead, manage, and inspire the resources of the team to achieve agreed objectives and manage work within agreed budgets.
What will you be doing?
* Full ownership and responsibility for the Group's indirect tax compliance obligations, working with third party compliance providers to ensure timely and accurate filing of our indirect tax returns.
* Management of our indirect tax payments and establishing processes to ensure full recovery of VAT on expenses and imports.
* Management of indirect tax registrations across the various jurisdictions in which Babcock operates.
* Working closely with our outsourced indirect tax compliance and advisory providers and actively managing the SLA's of the outsourced partner.
* Assist with tax technology implementations and automations with our ERP and IT systems, to drive efficiency and improve end-to-end indirect tax compliance processes and controls.
* Provide technical system and process training to various other departments within the Group, including Accounting, Procurement, and Data, regarding considerations that will impact the tax function and the overall efficiency of the Babcock Finance function.
The experience you'll bring
You will need an ACA or equivalent qualification as well as proven experience.
We would also like you to have the following:
* Detailed knowledge of UK VAT legislation
* Attention to detail
* Experience in working in a SSC
* Excellent numeracy, investigation and financial problem-solving skills
* Experience of working within an accounts function or project finance team
Lastly, you will hold or have the ability to obtain SC security clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
Babcock Corporate Services (BCS) is a global function, with our largest site being Lakeside in Portsmouth, but we operate from multiple sites around the world. BCS supplies and operates all IT, security, procurement, and finance Shared Services. We are embedded alongside the operations that we serve, enabling us to maintain close working relationships that support delivery to our customers. We drive standardisation, simplification and automation across Babcock, to help generate sustainable value for the group and our external customers.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to ensure that our recruitment processes are regularly reviewed and adapted, as required, to ensure we're compliant with the latest government advice. We are striving to protect both our current and future employees by acting in a responsible way which reflects the restrictions we face.
To find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants please visit our website.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers page.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.
Closing Date: 20th May 2022