Senior Supply Chain Manager
Location: Lakeside, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO6 3EN - Agile working 2-3 days in office (flexible)
Compensation: £60,000 - £70,000 + Car Allowance, 25 Days Holiday + Benefits
Role Type: Full Time / Permanent
We are looking for a Senior Supply Chain Manager to join the team here at Babcock. This is a hands on, Sector Wide role reporting to the Procurement and Supply Chain Director. You will be responsible for establishing and implementing strategy, delivering functional improvement, leading change as well as supporting day-to-day functional activities.
As a senior member of the function, the role will play an integral part in the Land P&SC senior management team and you will be expected to always lead by example.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an all-rounder who is proactive and has a 'can do' attitude. You will be a strategic thinker with the ability to establish and communicate vision. You will be excellent at relationship building and be delivery focussed, with a pragmatic and hands on approach. You will also need excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
What will you be doing?
As a Senior Supply Chain Manager you will:
- Assist in the production of an 'Opportunity Analysis' by reviewing Procurement management information and make project recommendations.
- Work with the Group-wide wide Procurement network to ensure that existing Babcock supplier relationships and capability are leveraged in opportunities, wherever possible.
- Support the development of Sector wide P&SC value and improvement strategies through the provision of insights including spend, supplier, market and industry best practice data.
- Arrange and attend supplier meetings, where appropriate, to support value and improvement projects.
- Assist the P&SC Director and Heads of with activities to achieve the necessary development and deployment of value and improvement activities within the Sector and Business Unit.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders across the Sector, working as an integral part of Business Unit P&SC teams to ensure alignment with Sector and BU P&SC strategies.
- Be a visible 'role model' through your professionalism, commitment, commerciality and focus. Demonstrate a motivated and results-focused approach and promote a culture of trust, teamwork, continuous improvement and customer focus.
The experience you'll bring
You will need to have a Proven track record in the delivery of innovative Supply Chain solutions.
You will also need the following:
- Extensive commercial negotiation practice is essential.
- Experience of both public and private sector procurement.
- Detailed knowledge and wide experience of a variety of contract forms, including drafting and negotiation.
- You will need to be highly commercial, with a proven ability to use Supply Chain management approaches to unlock value for the business.
- Full driving license is essential.
Lastly, you will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- Share ownership scheme
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
- We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
To find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants please visit our website.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers page.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.
Closing Date: 19th May 2022