An Amazing opportunity has arisen for a Production Planner to work full time at our client's site in Cheadle. Paying £15 per hour PAYE. Working onsite Monday - Thursday 8am - 4.30pm and Friday 8am - 1pm. This is a temporary role until December 2022.
- Release of production orders to achieve the Shop floor schedule adherence
- Liaising with EMEA IAM Distribution Centre Personnel in Bucharest and France
- To be able to produce daily reports
- Establish priorities for Goods In, Quality Assurance and Production
- Answer queries from Production/Sales/Warehouse regarding issues with schedules and product availability
- Master Production Schedule for the medium to long term to be planned in accordance with SIOP, Production and Material parameters.
- Key responsibility for planning the weekly MPS according to material availability (Clear To Build Process)
- Participate in planning meetings
- Utilise Six Sigma tools where appropriate & strive to continually improve the quality of service provided to customers.
- Any other duties not specified as required by the business
- Ensure that suppliers are scheduled weekly
- Monitor the quality of the schedule information weekly (exception messages and data integrity)
- Ensure that the schedule master data is correctly maintained (Lead time MOQ Firm zone. etc)
- Coordinate the scheduling activity to achieve the budgeted levels of inventory.
- Determine the loading on a supplier is in line with the MRP requirements of the MPS.
- Maintain the CTB(clear to build) process to ensure critical parts are controlled.
- Report and track the CTB daily.
- Support and investigate Supplier OTTR(on time to requirement) measurement
- Complete robust recovery plans when there is supplier failure
- Visit/call suppliers where necessary to establish recovery & action plans to continuously improve quality of service
- Follow escalation process to highlight critical issues.
- Raise red alerts for vendors and part numbers impacting production plans
- Raise and report the COPQ charges for build losses and premium freight costs each week.
- Rectification of any goods receiving issues
- Utilise Six Sigma tools where appropriate & strive to continually improve the quality of service provided to customers
Qualifications & Skills:
- Excellent communicator with internal and external parties at all business levels
- Proactive in problem solving
- Good computer skills (MS Office advanced skills and SAP)
- Positive and determined attitude
- Highly motivated and enjoys working to tight deadlines.
- Flexible and willing to meet the needs of the business
- Ensure metrics are adhered to and ability to show root cause analysis of any deviation
- Release production orders to ensure Shop floor schedule adherence
- Improvement of existing planning methods
- Strive to achieve maximum level of customer service(OTTR) through planning and release of the MPS