Job Title: Assistant Project Manager - Process Improvement
Location: Plymouth, Devon, GB, PL1 4SG
Compensation: £ 34,466.00 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / FTC until January 2024
Job ID: SF42763
Working with a team of Facilitators and Business Change experts, you will be tasked with providing a framework which enables Devonport Royal Dockyard (DRDL) to deliver our legal and customer commitments in a safe and efficient manner.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an Assistant Project Manager who will be able to support the organisation in ensuring our Business Management System (BMS) is fit for purpose. You will be working with key stakeholders at all levels within the organisation, supporting them in rationalising and simplifying their internal processes.
What will you be doing?
* Engaging with stakeholders at all levels, enabling open and honest discussions regarding the 'why, what and how' they do what they do.
* Plan & facilitate engagement workshops to communicate progress, share ideas and help problem solve issues with the business stakeholders.
* Supporting process owners in the rationalisation of their processes, identifying, and mitigating risks, issues and opportunities.
* Support project governance and compliance requirements through adherence with the agreed reporting cycles, phase/gate reviews and project reviews.
* Continuously communicating changes to stakeholders at all levels.
The experience you'll bring
* Demonstrated ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels.
* Managing work packages and problem-solving initiatives.
* Awareness of the project lifecycle, from bid phase through to close out.
* Experience of working within a change management programme.
* HNC in STEM / Project management subject/ black belt or similar change management qualification is desired but can be overlooked for the right experience.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Enhanced employment terms and conditions
* Money purchase pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Occupational health services
* Flexible working hours
* Career opportunities, advice, and guidance from our Learning & Development teams
* Additional benefits may also apply for Management posts.
About Babcock International and Devonport
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
You will be based at Devonport Royal Dockyard in Plymouth, Devon. Working at Devonport puts the best of the Southwest at your fingertips. Amazing scenery, vibrant towns and numerous leisure opportunities - It's why Devon and Cornwall are such a desirable place to live and work.
Comprising of 14 dry docks, four miles of waterfront and 25 tidal berths, Devonport is the base for numerous surface vessels as well as the base and refit centre for the Trafalgar-class nuclear-powered submarines. Devonport has also recently been selected as the base port for the Navy's new Type 26 frigates and will become the maintenance centre for the future submarine programme.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click here to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.