Job Title: Administrator
Location: Plymouth, Devon, GB, PL1 4SG
Compensation: £21,684.00 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / 12 month fixed term contract
Job ID: SF42860
We are looking for a highly motivated Administrator to work on a 12 month FTC basis within the Technical Services department, providng adminisration and secretarial support to various Senior Managers and their teams. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast paced customer facing environment and be part of a valued team where no two days are the same.
What will you be doing?
* General administrative support, typing letters/reports/photocopying, diary management and arranging travel as and when required
* As our Administrator you will take ownership of office administration working in a professional manner
* Providing an accurate and efficient service.
* Administratoive support to the department
The experience you'll bring
* Experience as an Administrator / Secetary
* Customer focused and comfortable in a client facing role
* Resilient, positive and detail orientated
* Organised and able to prioritse workload in a fast paced environment
* Maintenance and administration of the SharePoint site to ensure consistency across all projects as well as excellent IT Skills
* Essential - GCSE C or above in English and Maths
* Level 2 Business and Admin desirable.
You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Enhanced employment terms and conditions
* Money purchase pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Occupational health services
* Flexible working hours (only non-industrials)
* Career opportunities, advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams
* Additional benefits may also apply for Management posts
About Babcock International and Devonport
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
You will be based at Devonport Royal Dockyard in Plymouth, Devon. Working at Devonport puts the best of the South West at your fingertips. Amazing scenery, vibrant towns and numerous leisure opportunities - It's why Devon and Cornwall are such a desirable place to live and work.
Comprising of 14 dry docks, four miles of waterfront and 25 tidal berths, Devonport is the base for numerous surface vessels as well as the base and refit centre for the Trafalgar-class nuclear-powered submarines. Devonport has also recently been selected as the base port for the Navy's new Type 26 frigates and will become the maintenance centre for the future submarine programme.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing date: 12/05/2022