An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client, a blue-chip IT company, is currently seeking a Deskside Support Engineer II based on their customer site in Weybridge. This is a full-time, 9-month Fixed Term Contract role with possibility of extension. The role is paying £26,000 per annum.
*Due to the nature of the client's work the successful candidate will need to be able to obtain SC Security Clearance. For this reason, we are only able to progress with applications from British nationals*
The day-to-day activities include resolving a wide variety of desktop software and hardware issues and requests, while minimizing disruption to our users.
Main responsibility will be to provide on-site desktop support for technical infrastructure for end users; advising and assisting users in solving problems related to software, hardware, networks, and peripherals using available technology.
Other Key Responsibilities:
- Software and system fault diagnosis, analysis, and fix.
- Case management of Incidents and IMAC's in line with SLA's
- Liaising with other teams or vendors to resolution
- Assisting with projects as they arise
- Proactively keeps customer updated with problem status at all times.
- Identifying and reporting risk as appropriate in accordance with the guidelines
- Comply with Asset Management policies
- Works with minimum supervision.
- Excellent Communication and People skills.
- Microsoft Windows 7 - 10
- Microsoft Office and applications inc Outlook,
- Building of laptops and desktops via SCCM,
- Active Directory,
- Basic hardware knowledge, laptop keyboards, memory, hard drives
- Experience with network fault troubleshooting
- Experience with network builds
- Experience with network printer installs and configuration
- Working with remote tools e.g., SCCM to deploy software and take remote control.
- Antivirus Applications e.g., Symantec, windows
- Able to provide problem determination support for bespoke applications.