Manpower are delighted to be working in partnership with our client to recruit an Environmental Compliance and Sustainability Specialist to join their team based in Reading.
Our client is the world's #1 printer supply recycler, has sourced £1.7 million of ocean-bound plastic for use in products and achieved zero deforestation associated with client branded paper - just to name a few initiatives!
The EMEA Sustainable Impact team work collaboratively to meet climate and sustainability goals. Tackling challenges and developing opportunities to make a real difference to businesses and the environment, the team influence and promote a positive sustainable culture. The team are passionate individuals who thrive on making a positive, long-lasting difference to the environment.
Be Part of the Journey
You will join the huge effort to ensure compliance with legislative requirements on WEEE, batteries, packaging, eco design, waste shipment, materials, the circular economy and manage / track changes that will emerge from Brexit.
Our client is leading the way in protecting the planet for future generations and wants your contributions and ideas to support this. You will support environmental compliance projects within the UK&I market, helping to put our planet first - the future is yours to create!
- Responsible for promoting our client's products and services, gaining customer buy-in because they are safe, legally compliant and exceed sustainability expectations throughout their lifecycle
- Managing compliance and environmental regulations / legislation in UK&I
- Responsible for policy analysis and communication across internal teams through conveying relevant requirements to product development business units
- Using your deep knowledge of our client's environmental policy, you will provide constructive feedback into any policy proposals
- Proactively engage with sales and marketing teams, channel partners and customers in leveraging sustainable impact strengths to demonstrate how to meet or exceed customers' expectations
- Support local sustainable impact community initiatives, to make a positive difference in the communities
- Passion for sustainability and drive to make a positive difference
- Degree qualified with a significant sustainability or environmental policy focus (e.g. Geography, Environmental Policy, Environmental Management, Environmental and Business, Environmental Law or equivalent)
- Strong knowledge and experience of environmental policy requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication with confidence speaking to policy makers, presenting to customers, and with senior management
- Advocacy / influencing skills to rally support from stakeholders to deliver on objectives
- Enthusiasm, ability and willingness to learn and adapt to new challenges
- Ability to understand compliance requirements and develop solutions
- Business experience, acumen and ability to work with customers together with an authentic customer service orientation
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to manage fluid situations and take appropriate action efficiently
- Excellent team-working skills
The role will involve hybrid working between home and our client's Reading office, with occasional travel to London required.