Job Title: Security Guard
Location: Ashchurch, Tewksbury
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF 40259
Who we are looking for?
We're looking for a motivated individual who is dynamic, ambitious and diligent with a desire to make an impact within our team and to keep our premises secure.
What will you be doing?
Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) is a thriving and growing business unit within Mission Systems. We are transforming and we need you to support us in forging new paths, and contributing as we grow through exciting, but sometimes challenging change. As we grow our business we have premises that requires 24/7 cover. As one of our security team you will be working within a small team to provide out of hours presence at our Tewkesbury site. Your responsibilities will include:
* Securing premises with regular patrolling of property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment and access points; permitting entry if required
* Obtaining help by sounding alarms including marshalling
* Preventing losses and damage by reporting irregularities, informing staff and visitors of policy and procedures; deterring trespassers
* Compiling reports by recording observations, information, occurrences and surveillance activities
* Maintaining environment by monitoring and setting building and equipment controls
* Ensuring operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques
* Ensuring the security, safety and well-being of all personnel, visitors and the premises
* Providing excellent customer service including inductions
* Responding to emergencies to provide necessary assistance to employees and customers
You will be given the opportunity to learn and develop your skills within the team. We want you to reach your potential as part of the Business Support team.
Who we're looking for
You're someone who brings innovative ideas and solves problems with simple and elegant solutions. The role will be open to any candidate who has the necessary skills but hasn't yet had that job opportunity.
* Ideally you will have previous security experience
* Previous military service demonstrating required skill set
Skills and attributes
* Knowledge of public safety and security
* Patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
* Able to work well with others
* Thorough with strong attention to detail
* Thinking and reasoning skills for dealing with emergencies
* Concentration skills to stay alert and aware of your surroundings
* Customer service skills for challenging people politely but firmly
* Excellent verbal communication and negotiating skills
* Able to carry out basic tasks on a computer or hand-held device
Education and qualifications
* GCSE - Maths, English
* Relevant qualifications desirable i.e. BTEC Level 3 Security Management or SIA
* First Aid at Work or equivalent
* Fire Marshall
What else do I need to know?
* The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment.
The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. If you experience difficulties please check our career website for more information. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. To find out more please check our career website for more information.