Job Title: Fleet Engineering Support Manager
Location: Faslane, Helensburgh, GB, G84 8HL
Compensation: £53,000 - £65,000 + Benefits
Role Type: Full Time
Role ID: 41880
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Babcock International Group as a Fleet Engineering Support Manager within Fleet Engineering, playing a key role in the management of the Delivery Manager (Ashore) team.
Who we are looking for?
As Fleet Engineering Support Manager, you will ensure every aspect of the departments provision is delivered in compliance with all safety, quality, time and cost requirements. You will have management expertise which you will use to lead and motivate approximately 200 members of staff across multiple skills and professional capabilities and ensuring a close liaison with all key stake holders throughout.
You will help analyse resource capability and forecasting, supporting the creation of a road map of workforce improvement and training programmes. You will have experience of change management and be able to influence various stakeholders.
What will you be doing?
As Fleet Engineering Support Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Lead on Health, Safety, Security, Environment and Quality within the Fleet Engineering Support Team & implementation of the Company policies in the Marine Engineering area of the business ensuring that assessments of risks are carried out which lead to safe working attitudes and practices.
- Agreeing department objectives and targets with the Head of Fleet Engineering and once set, managing these through to successful completion.
- Champion process, technical and business improvement using continuous improvement techniques to accelerate delivery in key business areas. Includes measuring Departmental performance and adoption of best practice by the introduction of innovative technological solutions such as Repair Afloat techniques.
- Ensuring that all tasks are carried out in accordance with the company's cost, time and quality requirements. Lead and motivate all Fleet Engineering Support staff to deliver the main objective and purpose. Assist the Head of Fleet Engineering in maximising the utilisation and the efficiency of all the production resource.
- Specific Nuclear Safety Responsibilities. Ensure that adequate Suitably Qualified and Experienced resource and equipment is available to conduct submarine maintenance and repair activities in accordance with the Clyde Safety Management Arrangements.
The experience you'll bring
- Demonstrable experience in managing multiple engineering projects, desirably from within a large complex marine or engineering environment.
- Chartered Engineer with proven experience in technical leadership roles supporting complex assets.
- Demonstrates a collaborative, open and outcome based approach to delivery.
- Experience of coaching and mentoring employees across multiple skills and professional capabilities.
- Expert knowledge of engineering maintenance work packages, procedures and processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication with well-developed presentation, stakeholder management and relationship-building skills. You will have the ability to work collaboratively with the MoD and Royal Navy, as well as managing Babcock's civilian resource.
- Candidates must demonstrate that they meet and uphold our Purpose and Principles.
You should also hold or have the ability to obtain full SC Clearance
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Share Ownership Scheme
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
- We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
HM Naval Base Clyde is located 6 miles north of Helensburgh in the West of Scotland. We are well placed for commuter links to Glasgow and the wider region, but it is recommended for employees to travel by car due to the location.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. For more information, please visit our website.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more on our website.