An exciting opportunity has arisen in Ellesmere Port for an Inventory/Stock controller to join our leading global wholesale distributor client. This is a temporary role until October 2022, working 2.00pm - 10.00pm Monday to Friday, paying between £10.20 - £12.10 per hour depending on experience.
**A Drug Screening will be conducted on all successful candidates**
- Execution of physical inventory cycle counting plan
- Gemba activity to assess warehouse aisles and locations to improve stock accuracy
- Deliver Inventory Records Analysis % (IRA) results to business targets
- Completion of full root cause investigations relating to missing stock queries
- Support reduction of net inventory adjustments £value
- Maintaining metrics and preparing reports for communication
SAP data management of materials and warehouse locations e.g. LE quantities / minimum / maximum bin size changes / fixed bin allocation
- Inventory Control improvement project activity to avoid future picking, replenishment and put away processing problems
Skills and experience
- Understand departmental goals and contribute to achieving the targets of the team.
- Escalate issues and always focus on eliminating problems not just fixing issues.
- Participate at Tier 1 meetings following standardology and display full engagement and involvement to your team at all times.
- Join team members and collaborate to meet 5S, TPM and Gemba objectives.
- Demonstrate passion by getting involved in site activities and adopting client principles and tools e.g. Lean and Six Sigma, 5S audits and work area checklists, scheduled go-&-see activity.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to multitask
- Good communication skills and team working skills are essential.
- Understanding of Microsoft Office Applications and working experience & competence of SAP systems is desirable.