Our client is one of the world's largest manufacturers of aerostructures for commercial airplanes, defence platforms, and business/regional jets.
Spirit recently acquired Northern Ireland's premier aerospace company and is ramping up its award-winning, composite wing production for an industry-leading, commercial aircraft programme.
LOCATION: Various Locations - Operations
To prepare and paint spray quality details and assemblies to satisfy customer requirements.
PURPOSE OF JOB
Paint Sprayers are responsible for the preparation and spraying of product to a high standard of quality and finish.
While you're on assignment with Spirit, we'll offer an attractive package of pay and benefits including a 36-hour working week, generous holiday allowance, attractive overtime rates and shift allowances. Like many of our current Manpower assignees, who have joined the core Spirit workforce, there may be an opportunity in this role to do the same after some time on assignment.
- Preparation of product for paint.
- Paint spraying details/assemblies from various products and other products using water based primers and polyurethane topcoats to required aerospace standards.
- Paint finishing to highest standard of quality.
- Adherence to schedule and cost.
- Assisting in the maintenance of the mandatory Health & Safety requirements and ensuring general Health & Safety/Housekeeping standards are achieved.
Applicants must be prepared to work on all sites and work shift systems as required.
At least 3 years in past 5 years paint spraying experience in a manufacturing environment or car body repair spraying. Must achieve standards within 13 week probationary period.
Candidates will preferably have a City and Guilds Part 1 or 2, or an NVQ level 3 in a Paint Spraying Discipline.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that sufficient detail is provided on the CV to demonstrate how the applicant meets essential job criteria, as this alone will be used for vetting purposes.
Annual salary: £25287.08 (pay will rise incrementally to £ 26687.44 within 2 years)