I have a superb opportunity for a Stock Controller/Purchaser to work for a large family owned food production company based in Manchester. The role is to fulfill all stock requirements and keeping checks on computer systems ensuring both warehouses are fully stocked and also liaising with suppliers to ensure supplies & sales never fall below the required levels.
About the role:
- Ensuring all materials are sourced, accounted for & coded accordingly so that the Teams can always access them with ease.
- Continuous monitoring and scrutinising material levels against production targets & taking follow up actions on shortages to consider alternate procurement so any shortages do not affect production.
- Regular liaison with production to assess damages and returns
- Produce Weekly / Monthly reports monitoring all materials & value, building close working relationships with production and procurement and suppliers.
- Implement new processes and procedures to control goods movement on site.
- Manage and control perpetual inventory stock counting / inventory accuracy checks & you will also be a part of implementing a Stock Control / Inventory Management system
- Previous experience of setting up and implementing a Materials Control / Inventory Management system is essential.
- A background within manufacturing & be used to working in a fast paced, demand lead environment.
- Highly analytical with capacity to work re-actively and prioritise workloads.
- Working to continuous improvement models in order to create a more efficient work practice & support the wider Team on site.
- Working knowledge of business ERP systems will be essential in the role
- You will already hold a relevant professional qualification and suitable background experience in inventory & materials management (Stock Control)
£23,000 - £27,000 working full time Mon-Thursday 9am-5pm, plus an extensive benefits package.
*** click apply below with an up to date CV ***