Job Title: Gateway Assessor VWG
Location: Wymbush, Milton Keynes, MK8 8DF
Compensation: £27,000 to £30,000 + Benefits (including company vehicle)
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF43816
This is your opportunity to join Babcock as a Gateway Assessor VWG. This is a responsible position where you will be accountable for assessing apprentices at the end of their first, second and third years to ensure that their skills are at the appropriate level. You will so be undertaking a specialist area where you will be maintaining the end point assessment from a technician role perspective.
Babcock International Group is a FTSE 250 business and is the UK's leading engineering support services organisation.
Our Skills & Learning business is one of the UK's largest private sector providers of vocational and skills training. We work in partnership major employers across the Service and Engineering sectors to help develop their people.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an all-rounder who is proactive and strives for excellence in the workplace. You will have a keen eye to attention to detail and a flexible approach to work. You will need to have strong communication skills and the ability to encourage others and be a mentor.
What will you be doing?
As a Gateway Assessor VWG you will
* Carry out assessments of VWG apprentices for their factory accreditation against clients agreed targets and IMI set standards to achieve their qualification.
* Set up and facilitate various assessments in a timely and standardised fashion.
* Support the training team to deliver high quality, valid and reliable assessments.
* Track and review success and feed back to assessment manager in order to improve future assessments and training.
- Maintain the assessment vehicle fleet and support the running of the IMI End Point Assessment.
The experience you'll bring
* We will need you to have relevant industry experience
* You will need to complete a level 3 automotive maintenance and repair apprenticeship and have one year experience in a dealership
* Knowledge of the government apprenticeship standards - not essential but desirable
* Industry related qualifications such as HND, or NVQ's.
* A1 or equivalent is desirable
* Recognised Teaching Qualification - desirable not essential
* You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
Should you be successful and invited to interview you will be required to complete a criminal declaration form. Please note this does not disqualify you from the role.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
About Babcock Training
With a rich history of service excellence, Babcock is a trusted name across the training and apprenticeships market. We have an enviable track record in delivering intelligent and compelling workforce development solutions and are one of the UK's largest and most reputable training providers.
Our solutions range from bespoke, employer-led apprenticeship programmes to pioneering digital simulations and we work closely with all of our customers to reflect their organisational needs. Supporting both private and public sector businesses, a customer focused solution is at the heart of who we are, consistently putting the employer brand at the forefront of programme design.
As one of the UK's largest apprenticeship providers, we offer apprenticeships at multiple levels in engineering with particular expertise in the rail, automotive, nuclear and energy industries as well as the British Army and Emergency Services. We also deliver apprenticeships across retail, hospitality, active leisure, adult care, automotive, business, customer service, early years care and warehousing sectors.
Having delivered apprenticeships for over 20 years we have developed an enviable reputation across the marketplace, delivering high quality solutions for employers and apprentices alike.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 13th May 2022