An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Strategic Sourcing Manager to join our client, a leading global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum, based at their prestigious facility in Leatherhead.
This is a full-time temporary role for a period of 6 months, working a 36.25-hour week, to start ASAP. This role is paying up to £43,000, pro rata per annum, depending on experience.
In this role, you will be part of the Marketing Insights Team, which is responsible for Consumer and Market research agencies. Managing agencies end-to-end, including contracting, annual negotiations, and strategic tool rollouts. In parallel you will act as first point of contact for marketing queries in your market. This environment creates opportunities for each team member to step into projects that fit with their skills and personal preferences.
This role requires a creative candidate who demonstrates strength in white space and is comfortable interfacing with and influencing senior leaders to land and implement new business models, delivering business growth and bottom-line impact. SRM/CRM expertise is essential. You must be viewed as a key business partner by internal stakeholders, and as a sharp, challenging steward of UL resources by external vendors.
- To be accountable for the development and implementation of one or more Portfolio or Marketing portfolio sourcing strategies.
- To maintain in scope Marketing Portfolio management and sourcing activities on a day-to-day basis.
- To execute standardized strategic sourcing processes for assigned Marketing Portfolios and focus on cost savings.
- To build and maintain strong working relationships with Business Partner Teams and user communities in the Business Units.
- To build and maintain relationships with key suppliers in the Marketing Portfolios.
- Be a strong business partner with all key stakeholders to maintain trust and add value to the business.
- It will be critical for the successful candidate to understand and unlock the power of digital technology to identify, eliminate, and where possible, automate non-value added processes in both within UL procurement, and across the business more broadly. Therefore, an understanding of systems and processes and strong analytical acumen to drive insights and action from data around how we operate is essential.
- Key deliverables include savings and cash delivery, ROI, demand management, and cost avoidance. To deliver, it is essential to quickly learn the respective businesses in coverage, establish credibility with stakeholders, and understand vendor/market capabilities to ensure UL is fully leveraging supplier partnerships
- Bachelor's degree plus relevant work experience.
- Capabilities and skills in Strategic Sourcing.
- Managing cross geographical teams.
- Experience of procurement transformation, change and business engagement.
- Experience and knowledge of business models in marketing, market research and marketing agencies management will be a strong plus.
- Leading multiple projects simultaneously and independently.
- Unafraid to work with senior stakeholders and key suppliers, supported through excellent communication skills.
- Strong MS Excel (including Pivot Tables) and PowerPoint abilities.