Manpower are pleased to be recruiting on behalf of our client based in Milton Keynes for a Financial Accountant to join their team.
The hourly rate is £20.93 per hour and you will be expected to work a 35 hour week.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Our client have a programme of work captured under their New Finance Platform programme to deliver multiple system functionality including an accounting and AP/AR module for our clients core business. To support this they have a specific Finance workstream within the programme.
This role takes shared responsibility within the Finance workstream for the investigation of accounting activities required for the new accounting module including determining and agreeing the correct accounting treatment ensuring that key controls are captured and implemented, the writing of business requirements and assisting completion of our internal posting books.
As new code and functionality is delivered, gaining a full understanding of the operational tasks performed within the new application including month end and balance sheet reconciliation activity and subsequent training and transfer to the Accounting Team.
A large part of the role will be cross functional working within the programme, including their new contract management platform supplier as well as their colleagues in the Finance Department and other workstreams within the programme. Therefore good stakeholder management at all levels and across different business areas is a key requirement.
- Be a Subject Matter Expert on various products including a full understanding of the Accounting Posting Book and a team specialist for the new application
- Understand the interaction and impact of subsidiary systems on the main accounting systems to ensure system integrity, particularly in relation to specific Balance Sheet and Profit & loss accounts, highlighting issues as necessary
- Support in the writing of business requirements, clarifying accounting treatment and process with the Accounting Team
- Drafting the process maps and procedures relating to the new processes/tasks performed by the Accounting Team
- Collaborating with the BA's, Developers and Testers in the delivery of the Accounting requirements
- To document the Accounting Balance Sheet reconciliations, providing summarized information for management during the transition period between development being implemented and training/handover to the Accounting team
- Understand the impact of operational changes to procedures and core business systems
- Support colleagues within the Finance Workstream as required
- Perform/Support UAT where appropriate to ensure that key controls are included within testing to deliver a robust solution
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA/CIMA)
- Finance professional with experience of credit products and associated accounting requirements
- Analytical approach with experience of statistical/financial analysis and modelling
- Experience of tools and techniques for data mining and transformation of large data sets
- Previous system and accounting reconciliation experience in a finance environment
- Up to date awareness of regulatory and accounting legislation
- Experience of managing relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Detailed knowledge in MS Excel
- Ability to work under pressure in order to meet strict deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to collaborate with both Finance and non-Finance staff at all levels
- Self-motivated and a strong team player
- Strong problem solving ability
- Previous experience of working on operational/transformational projects
- Ability to influence business change and project solutions
- Proactive individual that has the potential to lead
- Motivated by new challenges and a willingness to take ownership of tasks. High level of drive and personal commitment, with a desire to develop own skills and experience
- Working knowledge of SAP FI/CMS preferable
NO HOLIDAYS ARE ALLOWED DURING THE PEAK PERIODS
If this sounds like the role for you then apply now!