Environmental Design Engineer
Location: Plymouth, Devon
Salary: £50,000 - £62,000
Full Time / Permanent
Job ID: SF34235
Here at Babcock International we are looking to recruit an Environmental Engineer with a background in design critique. This position reports into the Head of Design and is responsible for setting the standards and expectations for projects, supporting/advising and maintaining oversight of design development from an environmental perspective.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for someone that has a strong environmental background that can apply this to our infrastructure engineering projects, as the key focus of the role is minimising the environmental risk to both construction phases and subsequent facility operational phase.
Current environmental members of professional organisations such as IEMA or CIWEM would be hugely beneficial.
What will you be doing?
* Ensure environmental design management arrangements are in place and adequate to ensure consistency and clarity of expectations throughout the MIP Portfolio of Projects.
* Provide design focused Environmental advice/support throughout the MIP Portfolio and with relevance to all lifecycle phases, especially construction, facility operations and maintenance.
* Advise on and contribute to design and technical governance management process in relation to environment e.g. BAT, CEEQUAL, BREEM / DREAM.
* Oversight of the MIP Portfolio for compliance with environmental design arrangements and input to Technical Governance.
* Development and integration of design related environmental BIM / software tools, in collaboration with IT Tools Team.
* Keep abreast of relevant Environmental legislation/guidance and environmental related LfE (including opportunities for innovation/improvement) with respect to infrastructure related design engineering.
The experience you'll bring
You'll need a Degree or equivalent in an appropriate environmental or engineering discipline.
We would also like you to hold experience in all or some of the following:
* Experience of minimising infrastructure related environmental hazards and the maximising of sustainability opportunities through application of tools such as CEEQUAL and BREEAM / DREAM.
* Experience in design development and implementation with respect to nuclear and conventional infrastructure/facilities.
* Understanding of the RIBA design process.
* Significant experience in the production and implementation of management arrangements in relation to environment in design.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Enhanced employment terms and conditions
* Money purchase pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Occupational health services
* Flexible working hours (only non-industrials)
* Career opportunities, advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams
* Additional benefits may also apply for Management posts
About Babcock International and Devonport
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
You will be based at Devonport Royal Dockyard in Plymouth, Devon. Working at Devonport puts the best of the South West at your fingertips. Amazing scenery, vibrant towns and numerous leisure opportunities - It's why Devon and Cornwall are such a desirable place to live and work.
Comprising of 14 dry docks, four miles of waterfront and 25 tidal berths, Devonport is the base for numerous surface vessels as well as the base and refit centre for the Trafalgar-class nuclear-powered submarines. Devonport has also recently been selected as the base port for the Navy's new Type 26 frigates and will become the maintenance centre for the future submarine programme.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.