I have an exciting opportunity as Head of Quality working for a global Transport & Logistics company at an exciting transformational time…. Joining the Airfreight Team reporting to the Airfreight Director.
This would be a great opportunity for a Quality professional looking to shape and develop the Quality offering across UK and Ireland. An individual who can develop, shape, and drive the Airfreight operational capability, and drive exceedingly great customer service and growth aspirations.
I'm looking for a talented Head of Quality, the role will focus on ensuring the principles of Quality (this entails ISO, GDP, and TAPA) are evident within our Airfreight structure (this includes our people, our processes, and our equipment).
You will spearhead and maintain a resilient and compliant airfreight operation and maintain the quality and the integrity of cargo according to the customer and regulatory requirements. Driving continuous improvement initiatives in alignment with my client's vision and mission.
- Quality management systems - Maintain, monitor, and continuously drive improvement in Quality Management Systems, (ISO, Cargo IQ, GDP) at Cluster through to Branch Level
- Continuous improvement - Oversee the quality and drive continuous improvement initiatives linked to Air Freight Facilities/Warehousing inside the UKI Cluster through to the branch level.
- Projects and initiatives - support and drive activities including driving GDP implementation projects on a cluster level
- Auditing - Completing internal operational audits in compliance with ISO, GDP and TAPA, and Cargo IQ management systems and being actively involved with external audits including customer and certification, specific to quality within air operations. You'll also be responsible for the approval of subcontractors (including regular audits) and relevant equipment/facilities and processes, ensuring agreed KPIs are met.
- Systems - Supporting the Air Product with compliance and validation of key IT Solutions and Platforms, Cargo IQ, KPI & TMS.
- Customer focus - Driving completion of customer complaints, root cause analysis, and monitoring resultant corrective actions. Use Cargo IQ to provide transparency, visibility, and process control to the customer along their supply chain from shipper to consignee.
- Bids and tender support - Attending key Account quarterly business reviews, management reviews, and supporting with customer tender process.
- Communication - Delivering quality-based ethos and communications throughout Air Product across the UK & Ireland Cluster.
- Training - Monitoring and delivering specialised training programmes throughout air products across the UK & Ireland Cluster.
- Healthcare/Pharma experience is highly desirable.
Offer up to £75,000 with Car allowance, 25 days holiday + day off for birthday, bank holidays, pension, and company benefits.