Brand new opportunity for an experienced logistics professional, with a background in sea logistics and specifically exports to join one of the top performing logistics organisations in the world, to lead their busy Customer Specialist team.
The Logistics Manager will be responsible for organising a team of Export or Import Customer Care Specialists within the company's Sea Logistics function.
The day to day activities will revolve around ensuring that the team perform all duties and functions in accordance with
specific working instructions and Customer expectations. In addition to building and maintaining close collaboration within the Operational teams.
Key tasks include (but are not limited to):
- Leading a team responsible for direct interaction with a variety of customers, including proactive customer service, problem solving, customer follow up, interaction with sales colleagues and ensuring that the Operational teams have all of the necessary information (including systematic information)
- To provide front line support for Customers and to ensure that Customers are satisfied with products, services and relationships
- Develop, supervise and coordinate the day to day team activities to ensure best in class service for the customer
- Assist the Department Manager in managing the Customer Care function closely, coordinate team resources
and training, including coverage for sickness and holidays
- Actively encourage the training, personal and career development of the departmental team, through the annual
Performance Review process and regular review of industry training and certification regulations
- Actively manage interfaces / information exchange between the Customers and teams
- Work collaboratively with local Sea Logistics field sales team to ensure thorough on boarding and retention of Customers including direct visits to Customers
- Compile monthly KPI reports as required
- Perform & document regular team meetings, 1-2-1 discussions and performance reviews/personal development programs
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in Air and Road for any multi-modal customers as well as best practice sharing
- Education in Transport and/or Logistics with a qualification in Logistics, either degree or CILT equivalent
- Management experience in the Transport and/or Logistics sector, ideally with a focus on Sea Logistics & Exports
- Understand and respect the company confidentiality and compliance regulations (e.g. Code of Conduct)
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong, proven leadership skills including empathy, listening, coaching
- Analytical finesse and problem-solving skills
The salary on offer for this role is approx £55,000-60,000 dependent on experience + 10% bonus and a wealth of other company benefits.
If this sounds like your perfect next step please apply ASAP or get in contact with Katy at