Job Title: Electrical Fitter (Cranes)
Location: Coulport, Helensburgh, GB, G84 0PD
Compensation: £ 32,422.00+ benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: 43500
We have an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Fitter (Cranes) to join our team at Babcock, Coulport.
You will undertake electrical fitting activities and conduct operations on EHJ systems and equipment.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an Electrical Fitter (Cranes) with experience in Electrical Systems and Equipment.
What will you be doing?
Your key responsibilities will include:
* Completion of all planned preventative maintenance to ensure the department meets the objectives of the business.
* Completion of all defect and repair activity to ensure the department meets the objectives of the business.
* Ensure that work is carried out in line with current processes and make suggestions on improving systems and processes to increase productivity and safety in accordance with set objectives and timescales.
* Work within all H&S legislation, Safe Systems Of Work and control of work processes within Clyde policies.
* Operate EHJ systems and equipment in accordance with relevant procedures.
* Undertake Facility Control Room Watchkeeping and associated duties as instructed.
* Undertake mentoring for all personnel in the operation & maintenance of EHJ systems and equipment
* Perform any reasonable task within your existing skills and capability, as directed.
The experience you'll bring
* EHJ Operational Documentation
* Watch keeping policies and procedures
* Interpretation of engineering drawings
* Maintenance Documentation
* Risk Assessments
* Safe systems of work You should hold or have ability to obtain full SC Clearance
* Candidates must demonstrate that they meet and uphold our Purpose and Principles.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Share Ownership Scheme
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
HM Naval Base Clyde is located 6 miles north of Helensburgh in the West of Scotland. We are well placed for commuter links to Glasgow and the wider region, but it is recommended for employees to travel by car due to the location.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 23rd May 2022